cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid, Delivered but not activated yet...

casperkon

Paid, Delivered but not activated yet...

Hello All,
I am new to the UK and here for 6 months (originally from Holland). Because plusnet is the only internet provider on the UK broadband market that has a No Contract policy I wanted to use your services.
The service was incredibly fast, my phone got updated the next day and when the payment was in I got my wireless router. I have been tracking the service and the only thing what still needs to be done is activating my internet connection. When I put my router in it says I have a broadband connection and the internet flashes on and off after a while.
It says also on your website that the activation can be shortened, It's now due on Tuesday and I have all the equipment allready. Is there anything I can do to make this process go faster?
Regards,
Casper
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Paid, Delivered but not activated yet...

Hi there,
The activation is set for the 4th July, if the ADSL light does go on and stay lit solidly (rather than flashing, which indicates that the router is unable to sync with the ADSL on the line and therefore won't connect) then we can activate the account early however we won't be able to raise any faults until the order completion date has passed and you'll also start to be billed from the date of activation.
johann

Hi
I was advised that my broadband would be activated by 29th June.  On the evening of 29th I rang as I had heard nothing.  I was advised that the staff would be working until midnight.  Next day nothing happened and I rang again in the evening.  The adviser said he would look into it and ring straight back, but got a message by e mail stating that there was an exception on my orde, that it was stuck in the system and that there would be an update in 24 hours.  This has now come and gone and still nothing heard.
Unfortunately I still have to pay for all the calls to Plusnet and having to hold on until an adviser becomes available.
Perhaps there is a glitch in the system but would appreciate being kept up to date.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Tomorrow is another day, hopefully things will be resolved by then.

Jo  :'((
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johann,
I've just asked the agent who raised the bridge case to chase this up for you, we should have an update this morning.