Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package query

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Package query

I am currently on Plusnet Value (£8.49) + Anytime Call Plan (£7.00) + Line Rental Saver (£16.49) totalling £31.98 per month. It appears to me that if I switch to Unlimited Broadband (£19.99 including line rental) + Unlimited UK & Mobile calls (£8.00) totalling £27.99 per month I shall be appreciably better off. Have I got it right?

3 REPLIES 3
maranello
Pro

Re: Package query

In the short term you will definitely be better off. However, at the end of the contract period, unles you renegotiate a new deal, you will end up paying an additional amount for line rental. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@ajax wrote:

Have I got it right?

Probably not I'm afraid.

First of all the £19.99 deal you are quoting is only available to new customers. You would also lose any LRS remaining in your contract. You are obviously on a legacy limited broadband package at the moment, are you still under contract? If so you are probably best to stay with it until it expires.

When it expires (or now if you are on a monthly contract) your best bet is to ring Plusnet Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 and see what sort of offer they will give you in exchange for a new unlimited contract. With  bit of haggling you may get a better deal. Alternatively you can always say no.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ajax
Rising Star

I'm not aware I'm under any contract. It's a legacy package I've been on for years and presumably will continue indefinitely. Given your info it appears best to stay with the current package. Thanks for the advice.