Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Change Mid Month

bighippo999
Grafter

Package Change Mid Month

Hi,
Writing on behalf of my brother. Today he's hit his 40gb limit on his 'Value Fibre Package' £16.49. His billing date is the 30th. We've changed his package now to the newer fibre package £14.99, but it wont change over until the 30th.
I remember plusnet changing packages for me mid month in the past, can this still be done? I get it could be a problem if he had to pay more for the newer package, but he's happy to just get it changed without pro rata refund applied.
Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Package Change Mid Month

Hi bighippo999,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Unfortunately account changes are scheduled to complete on the next billing date on the account. You can find this information here - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/change_broadband.shtml
There are sometimes extenuating circumstances where we can request accounts to be changed mid month, however, this is not standard process. I'm not aware of the reasons why you historically had your package changed mid month but I'm guessing there was a reason behind why this was done other than that you were going over your limit.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
bighippo999
Grafter

Hi Linn,
Not the response I was hoping for, but as expected.
I've been looking into how my brother has suddenly used his allowance though, I'm not sure whats gone wrong here but please have a read through.
I look after 4 plus.net accounts, Mine, My Brothers, My Grandfathers and My Cousins.
My Brother currently has a 40Gb monthly limit and billing date 30th.
My Grandfather has a 60Gb monthly limit and billing date 16th.
My Cousin and My Own connections are both unlimited, billing date 19th & 27th respectively.
I've checked through each of these account for the monthly usage. both my brother and grandfather seem to have this month gone over their limit (abnormal). In particular on the 1st and 2nd of this month seems to be very high. but for my cousin and myself (who would expect to see higher figures) there's nothing for these dates at all.
I've attached screenshots of the monthly usage for each of the accounts.
Can someone have a look at check what's going on please (I can provide the usernames in pm). Obviously upgrading to unlimited will sort his problem, but he's 22 days away from this being changed over, so working out what's going on with him hitting his limit is needed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's some funny things happening with usage recording at the moment. Would it be possible to power the router off for a full 24 hours to check no usage is recorded for that day?
If they are using Windows, NetWorx records the usage by application which might help track down what is happening.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bighippo999
Grafter

Thanks for the reply jelv,
I may be able to do that with the one connection to see. With the speed restrictions it's not very usable anyway.
One of the routers does have traffic management on it, but I lost the data when I reset it (didn't realise they were over their limit thought the connection was just playing up).
Still hoping someone from PN get's back to me about the above though. I'm not convinced my bro and grandfathers connections (or anyones) should be limited based on dodgy usage recording.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The accounts where we have restrictions based on usage have 2 different methods of recording the usage, if these are very similar it's normally a pointer that the usage has been used.
If you want to PM me the account usernames I'll happily take a look, if you're an authorised user on the accounts I'll be able to provide an update on my findings to you too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.