Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN please note, ADSL cease notification

fishrow
Grafter

PN please note, ADSL cease notification

Covering my bases.
I get a billing email from "accounts" but it says don't reply so I'll also send to "support" as they don't say that.
I'm making an initial notification here before writing to the postal address about a cancel and cease of my ADSL.
I wish to cancel and cease my ADSL service, taking account of the 10 day notice period and that my usual payment is taken on the 28th of the month, by requesting the cease occur on the 27th January 2012.
9 REPLIES 9
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: PN please note, ADSL cease notification

I hope you've taken note of http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:
By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.
By post to: Plusnet, Internet House, 2 Tenter St. Sheffield, S1 4BY. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.
Note: we can't reply to cancellation requests made by Ticket. Please contact our Customer Options team on the telephone number above who will be able to deal with your query.

And you can't email Plusnet at all, using any address or replying to any of the emails from Plusnet.
Hope this helps.  I realise these methods can be inconvenient, especially if you are busy when the Cancellations (Customer Options Team) are available (9am-5.30pm weekdays except bank holidays).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

support@plus.net is a no-reply address as well.
If you do wish to cancel you'd need to contact our customer options team, their details can be found here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why don't people read the post properly
I'm making an initial notification here before writing to the postal address about a cancel and cease of my ADSL.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The point is that as both snozboz and Adam have implied, the post on here has no significance whatsoever. The 10 day notice period does not start until the OP contacts PN via one of the two meethods given here.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
support@plus.net is a no-reply address as well.

Why isn't there an auto-reply on that address giving the telephone number and http://contactus.plus.net/ ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mark
Grafter

Like this John?
Hi,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.
Depending on your enquiry you may find your answer conveniently online - either from My Account (http://my.plus.net) or from our support pages. These have lots of easy to follow guides to help you with all your broadband and Internet questions (http://support.plus.net).
If you're a Plusnet customer you can contact us online through the Help Assistant (http://help.plus.net). We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.
If you do prefer to contact us by phone you can call our support line on 0800 432 0200. We're open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you're a new customer, and want to know more about Plusnet, you can send us a message from our website (use the sales link at the foot of the page) or call our Sales Team on 0800 432 0080

Kind regards,

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Has that always been there?
Mark
Grafter

In various guises, it's been there since at least 2002 John.
M
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Ta - that looks to cover all the bases.
I did wonder why the OP hadn't posted back if he had received such an email, but he hasn't been on the forums since making his post. (I wonder if he sent his email from an email address he doesn't monitor? Grin )
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because  the OP is writing to the postal address