Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN advising all customers about billing probems they have

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: PN advising all customers about billing probems they have

Sorry about that @BERTJ .

I think my original reply was on-topic, as it was about my tickets being closed because even some CS staff weren't aware of that particular billing problem, affecting a subset of customers, so I hadn't been updated for several months, having given up on getting any more new tickets opened only to be closed within a few hours as it was for one of them.

It's all part of the bigger picture of those of us affected by problems with the 'new' billing system not being kept informed, even if there's been little progress.

Unfortunately, my situation was grossly misinterpreted by another participant here and I felt I had to make it clear I hadn't been getting my broadband for free for over 6 months! Perhaps I was feeling too sensitive about it, as it's worrying when you owe money and don't know if or when it will ever be collected.

Again, apologies.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Further to my previous postings on this subject l am suprised that  readers did not respond on my question to judge how many customers are actually affected by this billing problem of PN.

l can only assume that PN comment that only a small amount of customers are actually affected by their billing problem or perhaps they are burying their heads in the sand.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@BERTJ  I was affected on the first bill that I received after I recontracted (in April). I was refunded after contacting Plusnet about it and the two bills since have been correct. I have always checked my bill when I received the notification email but it is still strange that the billing system is not fixed so I would not object to receiving progress reports to all customers.

ps When I recontracted I did so without any change to my service

smiffy1
Pro

@BERTJ  Plusnet will never admit to more than  few customers Huh  i presume that they think its only people here who have problems , but there are regular posts on social media as well , which are not reported here

BERTJ
Rising Star

lf PN are the caring company they say and with them saying only a few customers are affected by their billing problems why do they not give those customers affected the option to terminate their contract without penalty.

We read about all the failed payments and limiting of services etc all due to PN billing problems which much reflect on customers credit rating.

So come on PN show your caring side.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

I think it is probably fair to say that there are a small number of people who do have automated payment facilities in place who are encountering the restrictions screens. There are though others complaint here who are repeatedly encountering the restrictions screens because they do not have payment facilities in place to pay on time and feel some sense of right to defer payment of their due bill. In short they seek to extend their cash flow to the expense of Plusnet and their other customers. Remember that a business charges model will factor in the cost of bad debts and late payment.

Consequently those paying on time are to some extent covering the cost of those who think they’ve got a right to pay later, if at all if there’s some wriggle room. Generally users paying on time are not having problems.

Real world hard truth - If late payers get their credit scores damaged then that is simply their own fault - PlusNET are not responsible for their tardy payments.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BERTJ
Rising Star

l feel PN are big enough to reply to my post themselves.?

Regarding the points l raised l think they have missed my opinion customers are being over charged for many months sometimes double what they should pay , no bills issued for in some cases going back to last quarter last year, limiting of services due to wrongful charging etc etc etc.

Perhaps l should say those who pay by direct debit should be given the opition to terminate without penalty as currently they have no control over payments PN take or do not take due to their ongoing billing problems

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

We have been advised that the numbers (certainly as a proportion of the user base) is small. Any one customer knowing exactly how many, does not help any one customer fix their individual issue. Get used to it, PlusNET is not going to share such information.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BERTJ
Rising Star

l will await PN views on this subject.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You might find yourself waiting a long time.

This is a matter which the SUs have discussed at length; I do not expect any change in Plusnet not discussing things publically which users do not need to know.  If YOU have a specific issue, then as YOU have been advised, YOU can obtain an update on YOUR individual issue, when there is an update available.

I'm sure that is not what you want to hear, but it is a hard truth, which no amount of stressing one's self is going to change.

smiffy1
Pro

??  Why are you SHOUTING ? at customers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Not shouting but simply making a distinction between what an individual might have a reasonable expectation to be inform over - YOUR account - as opposed information regarding OTHER’s accounts.

BERTJ
Rising Star

Perhaps we should spend our energy on convincing PN to come clean and say if they will resolve this billing problem very soon rather than going off the subject in question PN billing problem

l would repeat they are just .burying their heads in the sand and not giving customers more progress updates is most worrying.

l would just observe that making your case in upper chase characters is shouting as far as the email and chat protocol.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK next time I'll just use bold to be distinctively specific! I note though that when people do not appear to be hearing what is being said, it can cause people to shout the same message again. Huh

In a similar vein are you really shouting your name at everyone?  I choose to suspect not, it is just capital letters, why would anyone presume its shouting? Wink

Be assured that there is a massive level of activity taking place and as has been advised, individual users are being updated when there is an update for their individual account.  Until there is news, there is no news to report.

BERTJ
Rising Star

Have tried in the past to adjust my community user name but system will not allow me to.