Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN advising all customers about billing probems they have

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PN advising all customers about billing probems they have

Why are PN reluctant to send all customers an email advising where they are upto repairing their broken billing system .

A simple email each week or so to advise progress to assist customers to understand what needs to be done and stop all the frustration customers are having with this broken billing system.

lf PN wanted to increarse your charges they would not hesitate email customers so why no emails re the billing system?

32 REPLIES 32
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: PN advising all customers about billing probems they have

why all customers? not all customers are impacted, the vast majority aren't.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BERTJ
Rising Star

So perhaps you should keep those affected informed as some customers have problems going back to September last year.

This is a simple request to our provider.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post removed.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @BERTJ

I'd like to assure you that any customer found to be affected by a billing incident is notified and generally relevant action taken to prevent further inconvenience.

For some where an issue has been ongoing, the lack of communication does not mean the customer has been forgotten but moreover that there is nothing to provide an update on beyond the circumstances previously advised to them.

For example, in instances whereby a customer is found to have an issue with their billing, we would notify them of the incident and any temporary action we take at the time. We would not provide further updates until the issue has been resolved or the situation changed as there would be no information to provide until this time.

BERTJ
Rising Star

l would advise you that l am one of those customers you mention.

My last bill from PN was begining of Match .

Since then l have rang and chat on line without any end result only to be told you have a problem which you are working on.

l have not received any communicatiin from PN or any email to give any reassurances as to when you will resolve and beleive me the lack of any information from PN is very frustrating.

l sense from other postings on your forum other customers are equally frustrated.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @BERTJ, thanks for getting back to us.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that you've been affected for so long.

The reason that you haven't received an update as to when the issue is going to be resolved is simply that we don't have an ETA on a fix being implemented . We haven't forgotten about the issue or stopped working on it by any stretch of the imagination although, based on your experience, I can certainly appreciate you feeling this way.

I'm happy to send out a ticket on an agreed day each week to confirm the current status of the issue, if that would help to reassure you?

BERTJ
Rising Star

Appreciate if you can open a ticket for your weekly update just hope these happen.
Why not also issue an update each week to all your customers affected by this major problem you have.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @BERTJ.

I've opened the ticket here for you and will update you each Tuesday as to the progress of the issue.

If for any reason I'm out of the office on any given Tuesday I'll arrange for a colleague to update you.

Again, please accept my apologies for the ongoing nature of this issue but please rest assured that when it is resolved you will only receive a maximum charge of 90 days, regardless of if the issue lasts for longer.

smiffy1
Pro

@OskarPapa  why is there NOT a sticky post on top of the Forum ?? so customers who have the problem can read first ? Shocked

it is nearly a year ago when PN switched on the new system and the problems started , i know your going to say everyone is different but the common denominator is the NEW billing system Sad

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

@smiffy1. Sssshhhhh we can't mention the dreaded billing [-Censored-] up 😂
BERTJ
Rising Star

lf other customers have billing problems they should also ask to have a weekly notifiction of progress from PN.

That is what they have put in place for me.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I'm one of the subset of customers whose payment of 2nd November 2018, for their October 27th bill (I think that was the date as my bill was 2 days late, after receiving an email to say it was delayed), was never taken, though it shows as having been paid on the Plusnet system. I've had a few tickets opened about it which have then been closed by support staff who insist it's been paid, so I gave up! Last I heard here was that it might be sorted out by March, which it wasn't.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
smiffy1
Pro

@Mad_Moggies  So you are the one  MINORITY  who has free BB for close to a year  Azn

You may get Censored for saying since 2018

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Most certainly NOT @smiffy1!!!
My November payment wasn't taken, but ALL subsequent payments HAVE been taken on time. This is partially why the tickets have been closed, because all looks well with my account to someone looking at it for the first time and not reading the 'history'.

This is the main discussion about it, where it starts halfway down the first page. Someone mentions their payment for 2nd November wasn't taken and I reply. Then several other people with exactly the same billing date and payment date join in.
https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Payment-not-showing-on-Bank-Statement/td-p/1582990

P.S. Looking through that thread, I see the bill was actually only one day late - 26th October, the same as for everyone else with exactly the same problem.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
BERTJ
Rising Star

The last two posts are a separate issue from my original post and would not like my post to be side tracked about who has paid what.
Suprised fewer readers have not commented on the original issue l raised about the failing billing system.
Maybe PN are correct take only a few customers are affected?