cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Weird accounting system !

frustrated53

PN Weird accounting system !

Must agree with previous post - this is the strangesest accounting system I have come accross and i've been an accountant for 30 years.
I agreed to pay by direct debit for both phone and broadband package on 1st of each month when I joined 3 months ago. They didn't see a problem withthis then, it was only when they started to take direct debit whenever they felt like it that the problem reared its nasty head. After discussions in april I thought and was assured by PN that problem corrected and the next invoice was dated1st May for bth services. Great !
Sorry spoke to soon - next bill should be 01.06.10 - no its now 24.05.10 and only for phone service - and I have had every excuse in the book trying to get this corrected for the last week but they still took payment from my bank 28/05/10 and not on 1st.
I have been infiormed that this is a problem with the 'SYSTEM' - its changed the date back all by itself and on top of that they have no facilitity to bill for both parts of the package on same date.
Curiouser and Curiouser - an Alice in Wonderland accounting system that does things on its own and will not do what the operator tells it ! This is still an open question and I await the next fantasy explaination of their accounting system.
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: PN Weird accounting system !

Welcome to the Forums.
and it is not a recent problem either, I had a long session of it Last year, mine was started by a sleepy agent taking a bad decision at 2 in the morning
You could have added your comments to the other post if you wanted, but some times it is best to start a new one just relating to yours
frustrated53

Interesting - but from what I've been told it doesn't matter what an agent decides to do or not - it seems to be a matter of 'COMPUTER SEZ NO!'. This is the explaination for it being fixed last month and then unfixed this month.
More worrying - you had problem a year ago - I'm being tod they're working on it (still?) and that the problem of billing both services at same time has been added to 'a list' sent to their development team under problem ref : 60976.
Makes me think may be old fashioned pen + paper were best.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just tried calling you but unfortunately couldn't get through. Is there a good number to call you on? Feel free to PM me.
frustrated53

Sorry I was driving and couldn't answer - no number on phone to ring you back - you can call me now on sams no. as got home
Mand
Grafter

As discussed, this should now be sorted.
frustrated53

Thanks Mand - problem partially solved but hope it won't be too long before you can actuallt do what was originally contracted i.e. bill both services on 1st of each month - situation seems ridiculous when they are being sold  a package.
Hope you will also take on board my comments on Customer Services and refer them upward. As agreed being new to the job isn't really an excuse, just reflects badly on training and support they obviously aren't getting. Also if the first reaction to returning a call is 'you must owe us money'  - which is what I've got on several occassions - then maybe your telepone operators need a new script.
One of the reasons I chose PN was that they scored highly on 2 surveys for Customer Services but if it takes 3 months to partially sort a simple accountng problem, it won't be at the top for long.
Thanks again for intervening - I was starting to get really cross.
Mand
Grafter

As discussed I'll be addressing all the things we talked about with the relevant managers.