PN Account

FIXED
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: PN Account

@MatthewWheeler

Good Morning,

Indeed you have.  I have personally spoken to the Call Centre myself, and I have to say so far each person I have spoken to has been amazing!

I do have some feedback about PN's processes but that can be done once this is sorted.

So far we are awaiting an update on the ticket.

Kind Regards,

CJT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what we can see a engineer is working on the lead fault today.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Thanks for the update, out of interest what is the lead fault? I wasn’t aware there was one.
Kind Regards,

CJT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can't see the exact details but essentially it's normally seen when the issue is happening to multiple lines and is the main cause of the issue.

There may be another fault further down the line but the lead fault takes priority as it will be affecting multiple lines

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

I can't see the exact details but essentially it's normally seen when the issue is happening to multiple lines and is the main cause of the issue.

There may be another fault further down the line but the lead fault takes priority as it will be affecting multiple lines

@MatthewWheeler no problem I got a call just after work advising that it's a larger issue, and whilst they wanted to have it fixed today it's delay to tomorrow (and the reason why was advised) cannot fault the colleagues I have spoken to today, or previously!

Just hoping it's resolved tomorrow!

Kind Regards,

CJT
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @CJT-80,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for letting us know what is happening with the fault.

I've checked it now and it appears that this issue has been resolved within the last hour. Please let us know if your parents continue to experience any problems with their landline or broadband.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@EmilyD

Thank you for the update, it is indeed fixed.

I have updated the ticket with a question relating to the situation.

Kind Regards,

CJT
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @CJT-80,

Thanks for getting in touch and glad to hear the services have returned. I can see a colleague has responded to your query via the account.

Please get back to us if you have any further question.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@SammyM@EmilyD  @MatthewWheeler @LaurenB

Sadly part of the issue has returned.  My Parents inform me that the internet keeps cutting out intermittently. 

The phone line is working.  Please can this be re-raised?

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @CJT-80, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that your parents are now experiencing intermittent drops in connection.

If you've already been through the troubleshooting that we sent over last month, we'd recommend raising a fault at faults.plus.net.

Please let us know when you've done this and we'll be able to get to it more quickly.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@OskarPapa

Can that be run remotely?

Neither of my parents can run any checks at home, there is a note on their account. 

I am not near to them, being approx 120 round trip. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @CJT-80, thanks for your speedy response.

We've done the testing that we're able to do at our end and are not detecting any sort of fault, with one drop of a few seconds being seen over the past 24 hours.

Unfortunately, we're unable to run further troubleshooting remotely.

We can certainly arrange for an engineer visit but my concern here is that without completing all of the checks we are unable to rule out an internal issue and so we would be running the risk of charges being generated, if it was deemed by Openreach that the visit was unnecessary.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@OskarPapa

Sorry by "remotely" I meant if I follow the link from MY PC at my location can I run the tests for their connection?  I appreciate that sounds odd. 

With regards to the engineer, I will check with them tomorrow and post back.

Kind Regards,

CJT
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the misunderstanding @CJT-80.

Unless you already have a remote access program installed, there isn't a huge amount that you can do remotely, unfortunately.

I have run all of the available diagnostics anyway so aside from actually checking the hardware there aren't going to be any more computer based tests that we can run.

I'd definitely speak to them about the engineer, although we would need to issue an engineer statement to them that we'd need a response to from the account holder.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@OskarPapa No need to apologise I wasn't clear in my original reply.

OK, with regards to that would the be issued via a Ticket?  My Mum now has authority to deal with the account on the Acc Holder's behalf. 

Kind Regards,

CJT