Did you mean: 

PN Account

FIXED
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

PN Account

Good Evening, 

I manage my Father's PN account for him, and I was wondering about the process for raising a Landline Fault.

Neither of my parents are very technical and they are having intermittent issues with Broadband dropouts (FTTC) and a very noisy line.  I don't live with them, but I would like to raise the fault for them, can I do this? 

Kind Regards,

CJT
36 REPLIES 36
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

Re: PN Account

Any suggestions from anyone? 

Kind Regards,

CJT
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @CJT-80, there is only one reason I can think of that may stop you from doing this and that is you need to be an authorised representative on your parents account. Once you have this I think you are free to raise a fault, but I may not be correct, as it might only be the account holder that can do this.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Anonymous

Right OK, 

I am the Authorised Representative on the account, I can remotely gain access to the PC that they use, so at worst I can run the checks from their PC. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

if they have a noisey line, then that needs to be reported and fixed first before you even mention broadband.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Mustrum

Don't worry that I am fully aware of, it's the process of reporting the fault that I'm trying to establish Smiley

Kind Regards,

CJT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.

If you're aware of their username and password then you can use our online phone-line troubleshooter here.

If it errors after don't worry it usually means it's found a issue.

Once you've used it feel free to PM me their username and I'd be happy to investigate this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@MatthewWheeler

Thanks I have only just seen this.  I have to commend PN.  I rang support yesterday (as the Authorised User), and spoke to Helen who was nothing short of amazing!

The upshot is that the troubleshooter could not find a fault, and my parents cannot do the troubleshooting themselves.

I am some 60 + miles away from them (120 + round trip) and Helen advised that a charge of £65 could possibly be raised if it's an internal fault.  I checked with my parents who agreed this, BUT.... (and he is the issue) ONLY the account holder can authorise the go ahead. 

Helen did suggest an alternative, which we have taken up, but she's not back in the office until Friday.

Matthew I will drop you a PM now in hope!

Many thanks

*EDIT* - PM sent

Kind Regards,

CJT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @CJT-80, thanks for the username, @MatthewWheeler has passed me over the details to take a look at this.

I have tested the line today and it's actually detected an external fault, so I have raised this to our suppliers for you. As it's locating it externally, at the moment there is no need for us to book an engineer to the property.

We would usually expect an update within 2-3 working days and I have raised a fault ticket on the account here so our faults team can monitor for updates.

If you haven't had an update by Saturday however, please feel free to message us on here and we will happily chase it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB

Thanks for letting me know. 

I will let my parents know later on, that's really appreciated.

Let's hope it's resolved soon.

Thanks again. 

Smiley

Kind Regards,

CJT
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB @MatthewWheeler

Update to ticket provided.  Appears they now have no dial tone.  I have added a mobile number for my Mum to the ticket as well. 

The mobile quoted on the job is mine and was used when the originally signed up. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for the update @CJT-80, I've check on the fault and it's still with the suppliers but we will get back to you once we have an update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB

Many Thanks 

Kind Regards,

CJT
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB  @MatthewWheeler

I have updated the ticket, sadly the fault remains. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I can see we've been contacted this morning regarding this and we've escalated this further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team