cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Ow about some dosh then?

Loombucket
Grafter

'Ow about some dosh then?

Having now converted the majority of my customers to PN over a period of years, I've accumulated sufficient referrals to not only pay my monthly PN bill but a significant credit balance over and above that.
My current Referrals balance shows £31.69 and rising, set against a monthly billing of £14.99, and this is before several new signups achieved in the past month are taken into account (waiting for the new 90-day period to complete).  By the time the 90-day periods have elapsed this balance is going to hit three figures.
Despite this, I haven't yet received a penny from PN apart from having my monthly bill paid.  I pay by Direct Debit, by the way.
At what point do PN actually pay out?  I understood this to be the point at which the surplus exceeded £5, but if so there's summat wrong with the system.
I wonder if PN will pay me any interest on long-outstanding amounts?  Cool
32 REPLIES 32
Liam
Grafter

Re: 'Ow about some dosh then?

It should be £5.00 yes.  I can see that your credit is above this and you have a bank account on your account that we can pay into, so I need to look into why we've not credited it already. 
I believe there may be an open problem on referral credits where the credit is more than the subscription fee and finance are dealing with them manually - so I need to check with them what the status is.
I've just raised myself a ticket on your account which will allow me to investigate tomorrow when I can find out what the state of play is.  Worry not, though, you'll certainly not lose out on your 'dosh'!
mattyswe

Quote from: Loombucket
Having now converted the majority of my customers to PN over a period of years,

Interesting, what occupation are you in to convert that many people?
Loombucket
Grafter

I'm a self-employed IT guy (IT in this case standing for Itinerant Techie  Wink ) providing IT services for individuals and small businesses who have no in-house IT staff.  I've been at it since Adam made his first Apple crash and have a customer base of just over 100, most of which simply call me whenever they have an IT problem or requirement and just say "Sort it".  So I do.  Cool
I've also been a PN user for about 10 years.
mattyswe

Cool I am in the same boat as you my friend, I own an internet cafe which also builds PC's, sell laptops, installs networks you name it and I try to get customers that I deal with to use PN.
Becuase we are an internet cafe people value our opinion on providers and we get alot of people in off the street asking who is the best ISP etc.  I do try to get as many on to PN but I assume most people forget my username when signing up, pah.
Loombucket
Grafter

That's where I have an advantage, mate - I sign all my referrals up myself.  Cool
mattyswe

Good idea, what do you do sit them down and get their details or do it over the phone?
Loombucket
Grafter

I go and see them, survey their phone system, check for RedCare, Sky TV or other potentially conflicting devices, presence of DACS, number of microfilters needed etc., help them choose which product, what username, domain name availability,  what router type, check their PCs, anti-virus, the whole shebang.
I get paid for it too.  Wink
Liam
Grafter

Got an answer to this.
Currently, where the referral amount is greater than the subscription amount it's a manual process to apply a credit to your bank account.  This is currently carried out by our Finance team.
They have just pressed the necessary buttons on your own account so you should see a credit shortly.
We're looking to automate this (like we do with referrals on Free PAYG accounts) in the next couple of months.
So - dosh should be in your pocket soon! 🙂
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Liam:  Is there a broken process here?  Surely Loombucket should have seen it by now, even with it being a manual process?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Loombucket
Grafter

Kelly, it looks that way.  I've just received a "referrals refund" notification which I assume means that the full amount has been paid into my account in response to Liam's prodding of Accounts dept - thanks Liam.
However, there has been a significant balance showing for some time and nothing had happened prior to Liam's investigation.  It looks like your systems need a little work on this issue.
Could you clarify a couple of things for me please?
1)  Signups achieved during the special offer period I assume will not appear in my account until the completion of the 90-day trial period - certainly none of them have so far.  Correct?
2)  Signups completed in the last 2 or 3 years for free dialup accounts show in my referrals as zero value items.  I am currently in the process of upgrading a couple of these to broadband accounts - am I right in assuming the referral values will be automatically upgraded and applied?
Finally - it wouldn't half be useful if I could identify each referral so that I can keep track of them and check that none have been missed, as has happened on more than one occasion in the past.  At present it is not possible to check this at all, which means that referral values could go completely missing and I'd be none the wiser.
James
Grafter

1)  Signups achieved during the special offer period I assume will not appear in my account until the completion of the 90-day trial period - certainly none of them have so far.  Correct?

Correct.
2)  Signups completed in the last 2 or 3 years for free dialup accounts show in my referrals as zero value items.  I am currently in the process of upgrading a couple of these to broadband accounts - am I right in assuming the referral values will be automatically upgraded and applied?

Yes, these sahould automatically be upgrade to show active tokens.
Finally - it wouldn't half be useful if I could identify each referral so that I can keep track of them and check that none have been missed, as has happened on more than one occasion in the past.  At present it is not possible to check this at all, which means that referral values could go completely missing and I'd be none the wiser.

Work in progress is currently ongoing for referrers to gain further information whilst also complying with the DPA.
Loombucket
Grafter

Great!  Good news all round - thanks a lot.
Only one thing - could you please respond to my postings a little faster in future?  Your answer took all of six minutes......  Wink
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
There certainly is a problem with referrals payments which we have identified. One of our developers has identified a fix for thsi and we hope to roll this soon once testing has been completed. I'll keep you guys updated with progress on this.
1)  Signups achieved during the special offer period I assume will not appear in my account until the completion of the 90-day trial period - certainly none of them have so far.  Correct?

Yip. As per the terms of the offer that is what will happen.
2)  Signups completed in the last 2 or 3 years for free dialup accounts show in my referrals as zero value items.  I am currently in the process of upgrading a couple of these to broadband accounts - am I right in assuming the referral values will be automatically upgraded and applied?

Absolutely. Once the account becomes active and hits billling, normal referral values will apply.
it wouldn't half be useful if I could identify each referral so that I can keep track of them and check that none have been missed,

Agreed and as mentioned in one of the other threads in this forum this is part of the improvements we are seeking to include in the coming weeks and months.
HTH.
Loombucket
Grafter

That's better - less than a minute.  Grin
I'm going to be in very deep $hit now....