cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaying for Loyalty?

wildswan
Hooked

Overpaying for Loyalty?

Why am I paying £40 a month for broadband and telephone when new customers are offered this for less than £30?

When I look for upgrade / changing my package on my account, it gives me no option.

Time to look for another provider?

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieBV
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Overpaying for Loyalty?

Hey there,

Well, here is how I can explain it to you :

- People who are paying less are on contract which means a discount was added into their account over a period of 12/18/24 months contract it can go from £2.00 to £10.99 discount or more depends on the options. 

- In regard of people who are paying double the amount means they are not on contract and pay the ''basic'' amount. When taking the contract it is also stated that once this contract ends there will be a ''theafter'' amount which means going back to the basic amount. 

- Also, I do believe some people are taking the line rental saver which is £197.88 yearly to save at least £30  instead of paying £18.99 monthly which can be expensive for some customers. 

I'd suggest you to give a call and request to talk to the ''Customer Option Team'' who can possibly offer you a deal regarding the options I stated above. It is always good to ask around or call up to know more about your options. Wink

Hope this explains a little bit.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

Customer Retentions

We're sorry you're thinking of leaving us. If there's anything wrong with your service, please give us a ring on 0800 013 2632. We might be able to make things better for you.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@wildswan Welcome to the Plusnet Community forums. Smiley

As advised by @CharlieBV it could be worth giving the Customer Options Team a call to discuss re-contract offers for existing customers. They are available on the direct number 0800 013 2632 (select the thinking of leaving option) and are open 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, 9am-7pm Sat, and 9am-6pm Sun.

Hope they have an offer you find attractive.

David
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@wildswan, As the others before me have advised, it would be best speaking with our Customer Options team who are able to discuss new deals and offers for you. You can reach them on 0800 013 2632, they are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.