cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging since January - STILL not fixed!

DawnH
Dabbler

Overcharging since January - STILL not fixed!

I'm posting this on behalf of my parents, as I deal with their plusnet account.
We called plusnet on 12 January and agreed a new deal and a switch to fibre broadband at an initial (discounted) cost of £5.99 per month for 24 months.
We also arranged to switch to a call package including mobile calls for an extra £1.00 per month (i.e. an increase from £7.00 to £8.00). We couldn't switch to the 'current' package until we renew our line rental saver, but the representative found an older package she could switch us to in the meantime.

So, that meant a monthly charge of £13.99.
However, neither the broadband discount nor the new call package have yet been implemented, and the monthly charge is around DOUBLE what it should be (and apparently there is no record of the new agreed call package).

According to my calculations, we are so far due a refund of around £77.
Having tried the help assistant 'question' function to resolve this with no success, and not wanting to waste my time in the call-waiting queue, I am now trying this forum instead.

We'll do you proud - I THINK NOT!

Dawn Harrison

(I tried to post this earlier, but the process didn't appear to complete properly, so apologies if it has come through more than once.)

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Overcharging since January - STILL not fixed!

Hi Dawn, I'm really sorry to see this. 

Could you please sends me a PM with your username. It would be best if you can reply back to this post when you have please. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DawnH
Dabbler

Hi

Have sent message through with user name for the account in question.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, we're experiencing a system issue which means we can't access accounts at present. I'll hang on to your details and will address this with you as soon as we can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DawnH
Dabbler

Are you able to deal with this yet?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @DawnH,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have checked over the account and updated the ongoing support ticket here with further information for you.

Thank you.

DawnH
Dabbler

Thanks

So will the discount now be applied from our July bill?
When can we expect all the overpayment to be refunded?

And when will the call package be updated to include mobile calls?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @DawnH

All updated via ticket for you.

Thanks.

DawnH
Dabbler

I'm sorry - all the ticket actually says, as far as I can see, is that the fibre discount has been reapplied.

It doesn't answer any of those questions!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My apologies @DawnH,

The ticket is updated with all info you requested. It may be worth refreshing the ticket to see if it has updated from your side.

Thanks.

DawnH
Dabbler

OK - the ticket isn't updating at all, but I can see we have some service notices, some of which seem to indicate refunds (I assume they're not all duplicates messages for a single refund, as there's no indication of what month they relate to, and they don't add up to what we should be due in refunds so far).

There's also no mention of the new call package being implemented (is there no record/transcript made of calls, so it can be verified at your end about the new call package we were offered?)

I'll check what's showing on the ticket/account again tomorrow and post here if necessary, but not at all impressed with plusnet's handling of this whole thing, and having to spend so much time chasing up matters just to be sure we're being charged correctly for a contract price that was agreed back in January Sad

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @DawnH

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

I can see @Mads has the complaint in her personal ownership and an explanation to your query has been provided. 

If you have any other queries, please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

DawnH
Dabbler

Having checked the account/ticket this morning, we have 5 service notices indicating a broadband refund of £10 each.

The deal was agreed 6 months ago now, so there should be refunds of at least 6 x £10.

(The message regarding the discount being reapplied also shows the contract now having gone down from 24 months to 18 months, which again equates to 6 months).

Still nothing regarding the new call package, or any refund for the extra mobile charges owing to the package not having been applied.

And if plusnet wants to keep us as a customer next time our contract comes up for renewal, some sort of goodwill gesture would be nice to compensate for all the hassle in trying to get this sorted.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @DawnH,

This has been picked up and updated for you. You can view the ticket here.

Thanks.