Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging me again and again!

scottrc
Rising Star

Overcharging me again and again!

Hi,

On the 24th of Sep, a new contract was taken out. Question #182947501 / Service Notice #385810990 for reference. The total cost was to be £23.99 on an 18 month contract as laid out in the terms. The first two months bills were wrong and refunds were made for Oct and Nov, Question #184294051.

Now Decembers bill has just come through asking me for £39.98! So it's missing a discount of £15.99 to make it £23.99.

So this is 3 months in a row that you have broken the contract by mis-selling. I'm willing to keep with you, but just get the bill right, please. Please make sure Decembers bill has the applied discount or correct pricing and that all future bills for the term of the contract also have the correct pricing.

I'm fed up of having to check and contact you each month because I'm being over charged.

Question #182947501 clearly shows the pricing of the contract broken down.

If next months bill comes back as more, I will be leaving under a breach of contract and mis-selling.

15 REPLIES 15
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Overcharging me again and again!

Hi @scottrc

I'm afraid to say there is an internal problem at the moment where contracts are not being applied correctly. The problem is in the process of having the fix rolled out and once it's resolved any refunds will be retrospectively credit back to you. 

scottrc
Rising Star

Will the fix take longer than my payment due date then? 8 days away? Can't you just adjust the bill to make sure I am not overcharged this month at least. 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @scottrc

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid we are unable to amend an invoice amount once this is created. Any amendments would be made as refunds once a direct debit is processed.

I do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused.

scottrc
Rising Star

Thank you BoomBoomUK I reported it to Ofcom only, as Plusnet do send the refunds but obviously a month late. If it takes longer than this month though then obviously it's got to go further.

To WarWick, if you cannot amend the bill, please process the refund now as a seperate issue. This was done last month so I know you can do it. If refunds can only be processed after payment, then do it from last month.

£23.99 to £39.99 is a 38% increase in my bill. If I am not alone with these issues. Plusnet will benefit from all that interest for that month. I also cannot afford to just pay you more when it's your mistake. This is mis-selling legally and you need to fix it asap.

scottrc
Rising Star

Also, to the Plusnet staff, what kind of reply is that? I mean, why are you overcharging me? Why has it been going on 3 months? Just fix it.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@JOLO, so do Plusnet consider it acceptable to knowingly raise invoices for more than is due?  Refunding overbilled amounts a week or so after the money is taken is not the same as not overbilling. The Plusnet billing system is Plusnet's problem - it shouldn't be made into Plusnet's customers problem.

If Plusnet can't bill correctly, they should stop billing altogether until they can bill correctly.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @scottrc, thanks for getting back in touch.

I am sincerely sorry for the issues you are having with your contract and incorrect charging. We are working on  fixing this as quickly as we can but I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. I have looked into the account for you and created a support ticket for you to view here

Best wishes

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
scottrc
Rising Star

Thank you for processing the refund abailis0105.

scottrc
Rising Star

Another month, another overcharge! This still hasn't been fixed and you are still mis-selling me since September when the contract was in writing.Once again Question #182947501 / Service Notice #385810990 shows the contract. This month you are asking me again for £39.98 when it should be £23.99. This is disgusting, Why is it taking longer than 4/5 MONTHS to fix this?

Why have you deleted BoomBoomUK's advice about where I can report you? You even opened inteneral questions for this and yet still nothing has been done.

This needs to be escalated now and if I don't get a resolution, I will be reporting you further and to the media.

scottrc
Rising Star

As this has been 4 months now, I would like to know the procedure to send a dead lock letter to you.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @scottrc,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am deeply sorry to see this issue is still ongoing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I have looked over the account and opened a complaint ticket for you here with further information.

scottrc
Rising Star

So to keep the public in the loop, still no fix for billing issues. Only option is manual refunds each month until the fix is made and the fix has no timescale. Deadlock letter refused.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

My understanding is that you don't need a deadlock letter if the problem has not been resolved within 8 weeks. You only need a deadlock letter if you want to refer to the ombudsman without first waiting 8 weeks for a resolution.

For easy reference, here's the appropriate part from one of two e-mails Plusnet sent me about my complaints referring me to the Ombudsman:

Ombudsman Services provides a free, independent service for Plusnet customers who are not satisfied with the final outcome of their complaint. If you feel we can't resolve your complaint you can contact them to help resolve the dispute.

Details are below:

Please note that if you're a business with more than 10 employees, you won't be able to take your complaint to Ombudsman Services.

Address - Ombudsman Services: Communications, PO Box 730, Warrington, WA4 6WU

Phone - 0330 440 1614

Textphone - 0330 440 1600

Website - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications
scottrc
Rising Star

I thought I would update this thread as it's now 5 months in and Plusnet are still overbilling me. I did take this to the Ombudsman. Plusnet's first offer was for me to simply leave. I'm still awaiting a refund for January and so I declined the "offer". I'm awaiting the Ombudsman's decision.