cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging last month now this month no refund

pennbank
Grafter

Overcharging last month now this month no refund

Has any one else been overcharged, Since starting my new  12 month contract with plusnet, (been customer for 9 years) last month I was overcharged about £9 after submitting a question was informed that they had a billing malfunction and that refunds would occur over the next few months ! Well this months bill has been advised and again, no refund but another overcharge of around £9 again making total overpayments requested so far as £18
Anyone else suffering ?
If any plusnet employee reading this  my latest Question #81977629
10 REPLIES 10
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Overcharging last month now this month no refund

Hi pennbank,
I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I have had a look into this and left a comment on Ticket: 81977629 for you detailing my actions.
I'm really sorry this has happened.
pennbank
Grafter

Linn
Thank You very Much for your quick response
Will await next months bill and see what occurs hopefully it will sort its self out !
Regards
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pennbank,
I'm confident this should be resolved for your next billing date, however, if it turns out that it's not then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us!
pennbank
Grafter

Thanks,
I have actually created another question ( Question #82086597 )  about referrals as they also do not appear to make sense as to what is actually being  shown and credited each month to my account.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm aware that we have had an issue with referrals in our billing system. Ticket 82086597 should be picked up within the next 24-48 hours and our team will provide any updates on there for you.
pennbank
Grafter

Many thanks
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pennbank
referrals as they also do not appear to make sense
  Grin
I long ago gave up trying to reconcile them as the system seems to have flaws, even the names listed don't all match the referrals I'm aware of; I'm just working on the basis that the credit I got "seems reasonable".
Overall I don't feel cheated and equally don't feel that PN have lost out. Small monthly amounts anyway so no point in chasing them - effort would exceed reward for either me or PN.  Cool
pennbank
Grafter

no harm in asking them to check, they have already made mistakes adding up to at least  £14 overpayment  in the last 2 months.
pennbank
Grafter

for those interested the reply I received
Thank you for getting in touch, and I'm sorry for the lateness of this reply.
We have been assured by the relevant department that all the missing referral credit for all customers affected by this problem will be refunded.
However, I am sorry to say that we have not been given an estimated time as to when this may happen.
Please rest assured, you will automatically be credited the full amount due back to you. This is with the right team who are working on this so there's no need for you to feel you have to continue to chase this up with us. Although it may not be apparent, we are working hard behind the scenes to get this resolved.
In terms of the automation, there may have been a temporary fault but this shouldn't affect you moving forward.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
jim:csa
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If someone borrows money (or invests money), interest is generally payable so:
IMO a 'reasonable' interest rate to be paid on return of overcharges and late payment of referrals would be ,say, 3% APR (this is what OVO energy pays customers with a credit balance), anyone disagree?
It's not much for those waiting refunds/payment but, equally, it's not an unreasonable return to expect nor an excessive penalty for Plusnet to pay but it may just be enough to focus more attention on these issues.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.