cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging and billing chaos

Ell

Overcharging and billing chaos

I recently changed from regular broadband to fibre.  Every month since the new contract started I have been overcharged, first by just over £20.00 and then by about £14.00 per month.  Every month I have called Plusnet customer service and been told 'we are working on this issue, it will be resolved soon'.  When I have asked for a refund I have been told I cannot have a refund until the issue is resolved and that I will get the refund in one lump sum once the issue with their billing system has been resolved.  After holding for half an hour today I spoke to yet another customer service agent - but this one was extremely good and very straight.  He immediately arranged for a partial refund for the discounts that haven't been applied to my account so far.  He wasn't able to explain other overcharges on the first month of the fibre account but raised this with an accounts team.  What he did say, which I find incredible but honest, was that he could not guarantee that the exact same issue wouldn't happen on my account next month or the next etc.  When I pointed out that Plusnet are in breach of their contract he agreed and said I was obviously entitled to break my contract and go to another provider as he was unable to provide me with any guarantees I wouldn't be back on the phone next month.   I appreciate his honesty and the service he provided today but I don't appreciate the service Plusnet are providing.  

10 REPLIES 10
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Overcharging and billing chaos

What he did say, which I find incredible but honest, was that he could not guarantee that the exact same issue wouldn't happen on my account next month or the next etc.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there Ell,

Please accept my apologies for the ongoing problem with your billing.  Unfortunately, we cannot provide account sensitive information directly over the forums, but in short I have escalated this to our billing team to take relevant steps to ensure we don't overcharge you going forwards.

Further information can be found in a ticket I have logged on your account HERE

didibeth

Having posted on Monday about the overcharging and billing chaos on my account I was immediately contacted by a customer service guy who said the following......  

"I have escalated your problem to our billing team to suspend any further invoices generating until this issue is resolved."   

Today, on checking my bank account I see that a new invoice has been issued by Plusnet and that over the weekend I will again be charged £40 instead of the £26 my monthly bill is supposed to be.  

How is this ever going to be resolved!!!!  It is utterly ridiculous !!!!!

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

HI @didibeth,

I'm really sorry for any confusion.

I have looked back into your account and I have sent you a ticket with further details HERE.

Anon
Pro

If they do not refund immediately set up a Small Claims claim also ask for a resolution and when they cannot offer one, get a deadlocked letter and go to Ombudsman Services.

Because they are overcharging using the DD system, have a word with BACS (Google it). They are the people who allow firms to use DD and they were more than interested when I talked to them. Hopefully if enough of us complain they will have the privilege of taking DD's removed.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
didibeth

Hi - thanks for your advice over the small claims and DD.  The funny thing is they have emailed me and told me off for having two accounts on the forum.  Pity they can't be as efficient with their billing and service as they seem to be at imposing the rules of a forum.  All best, Didibeth

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@didibeth 

It was me who pointed out the rule about multiple forum accounts.

I and the other forum moderators are just customers like yourself who volunteer our time.

We are not employees of Plusnet.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anon
Pro

You should have hidden it better!

The forums, moons and moons ago, were moderated by Pnet and then things got really hot when they imposed their dislikes of customers onto how they operated the forum. I got banned once and the Pnet employer said, for no good reason just don't like the way you have been posting. So things are somewhat better now!

didibeth

Well, pity you don't work for the Plusnet billing department as you'd be more efficient. 

Anon
Pro

Now stop being sarcastic we all know that the dead rat in the billing office would be more efficient than the billing system. But hey who's complaining everything for 6 months of this fiasco is free to me Keep it up to the end of my contract, there's good fellows!