Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

FIXED
Dilly
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Overcharged

I negotiated a new contract in March 2020 which gave me a discount of £7.99 on my broadband. However, notification of my next bill, due to be taken on or around 30/4/20, shows no discount, resulting in an exceptionally high bill which I can ill afford. Can this error please be rectified before payment is taken at the end of this week?

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Overcharged

@Dilly 

Unfortunately the wrong or no discount appears to be all too common with Plusnet new contracts or recontracts started in the past few months. I too have the same issue and there are numerous posts on these forums about the same problem.

I doubt very much if the problem will be rectified before the payment is taken. The billing process has started and Plusnet are reluctant, to say the least, to correct any billing errors before the DD is taken (although in the wider scheme of things that is the very reason why there is a window between bills being produced and DDs taken). At best they will refund afterwards, at worst the issue will drag on for several months until the back end teams sort your account out.

Dilly
Grafter

Thank you, jgb, for your reply, I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately not very encouraging to say the least. If indeed this is a common occurrence then maybe it's time to consider an alternative supplier. I clearly understand the current problems we all face with the Coronavirus situation but am very disappointed that no help or support is offered by Plusnet when presumably many more people will be using the internet. Their 'Chatline' is offline and their suggestion to phone them results in 'unable to take your call'. They simply direct you to this forum. Heaven help anyone with a more serious problem than mine which is merely excess expenditure at an inopportune time. I sincerely hope they get their act together before they start losing customers in droves, I being one of them.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Dilly,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had some trouble getting in touch with us and I apologise for the frustration caused. On checking your account no new agreements have been found, nor footprints from any advisors on the account. Did you agree this new deal via your online member centre? If so I'd advise calling into our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss this and make any changes necessary. You can reach them between 9am - 6pm. 

Thank you. 

Dilly
Grafter

Fix

Thank you Mads for pointing me in the right direction, well almost anyway. Having been redirected to the correct department I received the most courteous and helpful assistance in resolving my billing problem. I am extremely grateful to all those involved and am more than happy with the final result of a very satisfactory outcome. Thank you.