Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on this months bill

FIXED
John7591
Dabbler

Overcharged on this months bill

I have been overcharged on this months bill for BB and phone after signing a new contract two months ago. I have just spent 40 minutes trying to get through to customer services  which was eventually answered by [CSA Removed] who then without my knowledge managed to put me through to cancellations........ The person in cancellations passed me back (internally I had hoped) to customer services but I have now been holding for 15 minutes and presumably I was placed at the back of the queue again.

Please, can someone look into this overbilling as I accept weekends may be busy however the wait and performance of staff in this case falls short of what I expect from Plusnet.

TIA, John

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

10 REPLIES 10
Casey1952

Re: Overcharged on this months bill

Same here, I noticed I was being charged way over the agreed price and called to advise I was switching to a competitor, was persuaded to stay and reduced to about £26 per month then no change, I called again and for some stupid reason I agreed and the guy offered to refund the extra charges and bring to £25 per month,  then 2 days again I got a charge via direct debit to £39!

I called and was eventually spoke to someone in bill after 26 minutes who found out again nothing has been done, [CSA Removed] was quite abrasive, hence I stated that Plusnet have broken the terms of the agreement, hence I am leaving, he stated he was putting me though to the team to leave, and a "4" minute wait, that was 10 minutes ago.

I will write a letter to Plusnet and advise I am leaving in writing due to infringement of contract

so my advise is try someone else and not stay with Plusnet, they really need more call centre staff to handle the demand as 26 minutes to get to speak to someone is bad for their business.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

John7591
Dabbler

Hi Casey1952. Sorry to hear about your problem too. I do not think we are alone, this seems to occur on a regular basis but I'm sure the issue will be fixed as soon as admin create a ticket, or at least, a path to a fix once the wheels are set in motion; I am not actually sure if I am able to open one up myself, I will have to check.

An hour on the phone is too long, I do not believe the chat function has ever worked for me, perhaps Plusnet threw resources into phone help however, it has fallen short of my expectations on a few occasions that I have had to contact them although on other occasions they have been very good. I wouldn't give up on them, they are usually very reliable and competitively priced compared to other providers.It's very frustrating being unable to sort out what is a comparatively minor problem quickly over the phone so I do empathise with you.

I have just glanced at a post along the same lines as ours and the poster suggested going direct to the bank and getting the money refunded, I shall have to find it and read it properly.

Chin up, and hope your issue is resolved quickly.

J

John7591
Dabbler

Update: Still no one willing to look into my problem. I know I have only been overcharged a small amount but the system appears a little chaotic when a staff member puts me through to a cancellation department and then trot's off thinking the problem's being rectified when in fact he's merely compounded it.

Come on Plusnet, get your finger out please. Smiley

Casey1952

I have decided after 2 unsuccessful attempts to get the accounts team to actually charge me agreed monthly amount and heard that both times it was noted but not acted upon, now switching to an alternative supplier within the week.
Lynne4

Another one here! Had to join the forum because I can't get through on the phone - just given up again after 30 mins.

So the situation is - they haven't altered my bill, they've told me not to pay until they sort it out but we're into the second month now and it still isn't sorted - they just added this month on top.

Now they have disconnected my outgoing calls  because I'm seen as a non payer. All outgoing calls are diverted to Plusnet who today claim a five min wait but as I said I've given up after 30mins.

Have been with plusnet from the beginning but this is disgraceful. As a cancer patient on chemo I need the phone to work and god knows I could do without the stress !!

I would leave but I can't get through!!

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

Hi @John7591

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for the delayed response.

I have looked at your account and responded via a ticket that you can view here

@Casey1952, I am really sorry that your issue has resulted in you looking to leave Plusnet. If you require any further assistance in the meantime please let us know.

Lynne4,

I have looked through your account and have responded to you via the ticket on your account here

If you need any further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

John7591
Dabbler

Thank you Warwick. I have responded to your message on the ticket. In principle I consider the matter closed although my bank have indicated that the first month's over payment which I also queried with them (September) should be credited to my account this evening. Please go ahead with the instruction I put forward on the response to your reply/suggestion on the open ticket please.

Thank you once again, John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries John.

I've applied the credit to your account now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Casey1952

I was also promised several times to get a refund due to Plusnet account screwup over the past few months and yet they are sorry that I am leaving!
Hopefully it happens today as i know there is no way I am ever going to get the money i was overcharged back, yet we all know what would happen if you cancel the direct debit, yep immediate disconnection of service, hopefully people will walk and they will have to take action.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Casey1952,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you have had with us and apologies for the frustration.

I have since updated your ticket with further information. You can view it here.