cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on bill, broadband cut off, no resolution in sight. What is going on Plusnet?

acha114
Hooked

Overcharged on bill, broadband cut off, no resolution in sight. What is going on Plusnet?

Plusnet have overcharged me on my February bill (back in mid February). Apparently they incorrectly charged me Line Rental that I have already paid in December.

I was advised (correctly) to cancel the direct debit so that the money wouldn't leave my account and to arrange payment over the phone for the correct amount (monthly broadband of £3.50). This was paid over the phone but I had to ring Plusnet up, they did not bother to chase me up on this until they started to notify me that my broadband service would be cut off, a debt collection agency would chase me up and fees would be charged. Communication with Plusnet on this matter has been totally abysmal.

Unfortunately, my broadband has been cut off so I cannot work from home, nor am I encouraged to travel into the workplace due to the current international health situation.

I have called customer services and, while they admit there has been a mistake made to my account due to the biling issue (which I don't have any visibility of), they simply cannot give me an ETA as to:

• when the billing issue will be resolved
  • when I will be charged correct amounts per month
  • and, most importantly, when I will get broadband back

Please, Plusnet, instead of just passing the buck and blaming the issue inherent in the billing system, can somebody just take ownership of this issue and resolve the problem properly??? This looks to be dragging on for weeks, or maybe months judging from other community posts. Surely it doesn't just affect me and I'm wondering whether others are in the same boat.

Plusnet, your overall customer service and general inaction has failed to live up to your motto of "We'll do you proud". It's been more like "We'll frustate the s*** out of you"!

4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Overcharged on bill, broadband cut off, no resolution in sight. What is going on Plusnet?

First of all apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Where avoidable, I'd always advise against cancelling a direct debit. It's much easier and quicker to manage the problem once the payment has gone through. I appreciate this isn't always possible. We're not trying to 'blame' a system, person, team or company, but we are trying to be honest and tell you exactly what's going on, though I see how this can look like blame.

One of the main issues is that you're online now and the broadband is working exactly as it should be. Do you agree or do I need to dig further into that for you?

The balance is something I'm taking on for you. It's taking a little longer than I'd like. I'd also apologise that this wasn't done on ticket 197880158 .

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
acha114
Hooked

Re: Overcharged on bill, broadband cut off, no resolution in sight. What is going on Plusnet?

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am online now and Broadband is working now.

The billing issue is still outstanding. I currently do not have a direct debit set up with Plusnet (as I had cancelled it on the advice of Plusnet). What do I do now? I don't wish to automatically pay more than I should at this stage as I need to control my finances.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've got a ticket open to keep an eye on this for you.

I *think* I've cleared the balance on the account for you (I want to check this tomorrow). Can you now re-enter your direct debit details via the portal so next month will go through as normal. Once that's active, I can apply discounts so that your bills are actually correct in future.

Once again, I can only apologise that this wasn't picked up sooner and dealt with prior to you contacting us here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
acha114
Hooked

As per the update in the open ticket, thank you for resolving this for me. I will re-enter my direct debit details via the Portal now.