cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged, no resolution and now questions closed.

DanielleJacqui8

Overcharged, no resolution and now questions closed.

I decided to cancel my contract as it came to an end and was going to go somewhere cheaper as I'm struggling financially at the minute.
I did actually cancel but someone contacted me and said if I started a new contract I'd have it for £18 a month so I agreed.
I then get my usual bill notice but it went up to £28.99 so I spoke to someone on chat who said I'll get this fixed for you. When I look at the ticket it said sorry we were unable to access your billing information but when we do we will contact you. ???!!!
So I got back onto chat to be told again it would be sorted. But they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed and another ticket was opened.
Now BOTH questions have been closed, I haven't heard a word from anyone and now my next bill is nearly due so I'm expecting a repeat of last month.
I'm absolutely fuming. I explained to the lady my reasons for leaving was my 19 year old cat was terminally ill and I have vet bills and couldn't afford to stay with plusnet, this is when I was persuaded to stay for a cheaper deal.
Now I have had my beloved cat put to sleep, I have vet bills and the people I've spoken to already knew my situation but my bill goes up!! And still I've had no resolution. I will be cancelling my account if this happens again this month and I'll take it further because I really can't deal with the added burden of running around after this and the anxiety it's causing. Absolutely shocking service if I missed my bill and said I don't know when I can get it sorted I'd have debt collectors at my door.
5 REPLIES 5
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Overcharged, no resolution and now questions closed.

Hi DanielleJacqi8,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered and for the loss of your beloved cat.

A complaint ticket has been created for you here

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Anon
Pro

@DanielleJacqui8 wrote:
I decided to cancel my contract as it came to an end and was going to go somewhere cheaper as I'm struggling financially at the minute.
I did actually cancel but someone contacted me and said if I started a new contract I'd have it for £18 a month so I agreed.
I then get my usual bill notice but it went up to £28.99 so I spoke to someone on chat who said I'll get this fixed for you. When I look at the ticket it said sorry we were unable to access your billing information but when we do we will contact you. ???!!!
So I got back onto chat to be told again it would be sorted. But they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed and another ticket was opened.
Now BOTH questions have been closed, I haven't heard a word from anyone and now my next bill is nearly due so I'm expecting a repeat of last month.
I'm absolutely fuming. I explained to the lady my reasons for leaving was my 19 year old cat was terminally ill and I have vet bills and couldn't afford to stay with plusnet, this is when I was persuaded to stay for a cheaper deal.
Now I have had my beloved cat put to sleep, I have vet bills and the people I've spoken to already knew my situation but my bill goes up!! And still I've had no resolution. I will be cancelling my account if this happens again this month and I'll take it further because I really can't deal with the added burden of running around after this and the anxiety it's causing. Absolutely shocking service if I missed my bill and said I don't know when I can get it sorted I'd have debt collectors at my door.

Don't forget if you paid by Direct Debit and a wrong amount is taken, you can get  an immediate repayment from your bank for the whole amount, you do not have to prove to the bank that it is a wrong amount, just ask. After that it is between you and Pnet.

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
  • If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
DanielleJacqui8

Thanks for the replies and the help but things have gone from bad to worse.
My bill is generated on the 24th (today). I have no bill as of yet but have received both a text and email saying "we have tried to take payment but have not been able to, please pay £7.01 now or your services will be restricted" and immediately my services were restricted. So I just spoke to yet another person who has removed the restrictions and said see how it goes for a week.
I've had no notice that there would be attempts to take my bill early, and no attempts to take any money from my account have been made.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I've raised this to the correct team for further investigation as I'm not sure what happened here.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

I don't think that you ever know what has happened, it is just one huge, unbelievable mess.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.