Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for duration of contract

FIXED
rob_hants

Overcharged for duration of contract

Hi,

I have been billed £39.98 a month since starting a new contract in May which is way above the contract amount.  Can you please correct this and return the stolen money?  I believe the my bill should be in the region of £18 a month.

I cannot see my contract rate anywhere in My Account, and you have "archived" my inbox so I cannot find the orignal email that stated the amount.  I also cannot chat to anybody about this because you have removed the chat service.  What a total shambles plusnet has become.

Br,

Robin.

6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Overcharged for duration of contract

@rob_hants 

Have you checked your closed tickets on your account? There should be a number of them generated on the day you signed up to the contract and one of those should essentially duplicate the information on the email about cost etc.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Using words like stolen is rather over the top especially as you have not referenced your contract, which should be in your closed tickets. It's quite possible that you were confused regarding which element of your account was £18 ish and assumed it was the complete package.

Unless you are on ADSL with no telephone calls I would be very surprised if that was the complete deal.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rob_hants

Ok, I've found a copy of the original email now on my other PC.  It states:

Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre Extra • Contract: 18 months • Hardware: Plusnet wireless router This will change over on 10th May 2019 and your new cost per month will be £13.00.

From the bill I'm being charged £20.99 a month for unlimited fibre, which is £7.99 above my contract price.  This will be £144 over the course of the contract.  Line rental is £18.99 a month, so my bill should be £31.99.

I don't know where I got £18 from (maybe that was what I orignally paid for ADSL with plusnet on my first contract).  Anyway, the point is that I'm being overcharged which is wrong.

Perhaps I should have said misappropriated rather than stolen, but my patience with this company is running thin!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi Rob, I'm so sorry about the issue with this. 

Everything you've mentioned is right and I can see we owe you a reimbursement for the over-payments. It seems to have happened due to a system issue that prevented the contract from activating correctly when it began and hence didn't apply the discounts. 

I'll manually apply the correct discounts going forward. 

For the over-payments would you prefer a refund or me adding those as further credit to the account balance?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rob_hants

Hi @adamwalker ,

Thank you for responding to my query and helping to sort things out.  I'd prefer a refund really, but also happy with a credit if that makes things any easier at your end.  Could you please also create a ticket for this in case I ever need to chase it up?

Many thanks,

Robin.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @rob_hants,

I can see Adam raised a ticket for you here confirming that information for you.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.