cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged and no solution

FIXED
NathanD

Overcharged and no solution

Hey, I've been getting overcharged for the past 3 months and when I ring up or talk on chat about this it gets "fixed" but then happens again.

I was with plus.net on ADSL because my property didn't have a cable connection. My contract ended and when I contacted plus.net to get a new contract I was told my property had been connected to cable and I could get a good deal on that, so I agreed. Long story short, they were wrong and an engineer that was sent out confirmed there is no cable connection.

I contacted plus.net and told them, the engineer added the details to my account and I got a deal for ADSL broadband for about £23 a month, but for the past 3 months it's been £35. I can only assume somewhere along this twisting journey someone got confused and I'm being charged for 2 services of which only one I can actually get.

As I said, I've contacted plus.net multiple times about this and each time I've been told I've been issued a refund and it won't happen next month, but from what I can see on my bill and my bank account each month I've been over charged and there's no sign of a refund.

7 REPLIES 7
carreg

Re: Overcharged and no solution

hi,

I cacelled my broadband and phone account in june(30days notice) but kept my e-mail. I was then billed the fuul amount in july so rang them again and was told that it was a mistake on their part  and that it was easily put right, well four months later i am still being billed the full amount. I threatend to take them to the ombudsman and they then e-mailed me saying that i would be refunded the full amount owed but a month later and i still have not recieved any payment and i hope i that am not going to get billed again this month which is due in 3 days.

i am at a loss to what to do but wait them out and hope they will sort it out.I hope you have better luck with them than i have had.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@NathanD Welcome to the forums.

You should consider taking the following steps as you have been very patient so far. Three months and no resolution is not right. I wouldn't have given Plusnet this long to get their act together.

1. Start an official complaint. The procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Only choose the web form option as you need all communications in writing, and state that in the compliant.

2. The OFCOM Billing complaints form can be found at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing While OFCOM will not help any individual, it will use all evidence submitted in future investigations.

3. Google ceomail and send the Plusnet CEO an email outlining the issues and the time it has taken so far. Be polite and just mention the issues you have faced. Also if you have a solution in mind, like being freed from your contract to leave without exit fees, mention that there.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @NathanD I am sorry that this has been ongoing.

Looks like one of my colleagues has just sorted this for you. Please get back to us if you have any further issues though.

@carreg It also looks like your issue has now also been resolved. Further information is on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jolin5

Thanks Spend Less Time/Aspiring Hero for this brilliant guide for those of us on the Pnet taking-money-not-owed merry go round.

carreg

hi lauren,

You say my issue has been resolved but i have not been refunded the payments taken from me after my account was closed and the link you gave in your reply takes me to a closed questions page.

It is amazing that plusnet cannot resolve this in the four months since i cancelled my account and after being with them for 15 years.

Is there realistically any chance of this being resolved this year and maybe you should start paying interest on my money you keep in your account.

deeply concerned,

Carreg 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@carreg

It would be quicker to ask your bank or credit card company to refund the money taken. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @carreg,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm really sorry about the apparent lack of information you have received about your refund, I appreciate it has been some time since you raised this with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused.

I have checked your account and can see we have responded to you, I have ensured you can access this ticket.

I trust this is of help, however do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.