cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged and ignored.

CMOTD

Overcharged and ignored.

I have been a customer for over 20 years and have never had cause to complain before but the current level of customer service is abysmal.

I negotiated a new contract to take effect from 2nd February 2019 and this was confirmed by email and ticket #186673445.

First bill arrived and I was overcharged by £10.99. Phoned to sort it out and after a ridiculous 30 minute wait was told that billing system was down but they would raise a ticket #187141234 and resolve it asap. Nothing has happened a week later despite further requests for information.

I really don't have the time for interminable waits to speak to you on the phone so please tell me when you are going to correct my account.

I see from other posts on this forum that my problem is not unique. What has happened to Plusnet? You used to be a lot better.

6 REPLIES 6
ossettbob
Grafter

Re: Overcharged and ignored.

I`ve just had same problem. Went into chat today & started to explain. Got cut off. Went in again & got it sorted. I wonder how many people don`t bother to fully check their bill ?. When I agreed my new contract I told customer service that I should have been notified that my existing contract was coming to an end. The answer was... "It is not our responsibility. It is up to you to keep check of it ". My new contract stated that Plusnet will advise me when contract is ending. Also, when I spoke to the options team about my contract I said I would like an 18 month contract. I was told......"We don`t offer 18 months, only 12 & he was very abrupt. I then looked & found they offer new customers 18 month for £1 extra a month. I went into chat again & was told I could have this. I asked about this when I was in chat today & was transfered to another section. I don`t think the guy believed I had been given this contract until I sent him a transcript of the original chat session. I then got disconnected again so I have no idea what is happening.

I totally agree with you about Plusnet service now. They used to be brilliant. Now they are just like most other big companies. Only interested in selling to new customers.

To get your problem sorted, go into chat tomorrow. Lots faster than phoning.

CMOTD

If only it were that simple! Chat is never available when I try to use it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@CMOTD I'm sorry for the time this has taken to resolve. I can see that you've called in today and we've resolved this for you now as per what's been noted on ticket 187362204

@ossettbob, it looks like a call to us this morning got things straightened out. 

Please both let me know if there's anything else I could help with though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CMOTD

Yes, finally got through on chat after 4 days trying. Problem allegedly sorted. Will wait to see whether refund is paid and whether next bill is correct before celebrating closure though.

With constant phone queues of 20 minutes or more and live chat rarely available you are either getting huge numbers of complaints or you don't employ enough people. Hardly 'doing us proud' are you?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @CMOTD, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble in trying to get through to us as of recent. By all means we do look to improve our queue times for both web chat and call queues however I will be passing your feedback on regarding this. If you do ever look to get in touch with us however feel free to drop us a message on here, Twitter or Facebook as these are other support channels we'll be happy to assist you on.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Very interesting to search older posts here , PN been promising more staff since 2009 , and still no better ,,,,,,,https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...