Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged after contract renewal

FIXED
supatel
Hooked

Overcharged after contract renewal

I renewed my contract on Friday and upgraded to fibre but my latest bill shows that the agreed discount hasn't been applied. Can this be amended please before the money leaves my account?
27 REPLIES 27
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Overcharged after contract renewal

Hi @supatel,

Thanks for getting in touch. I have reviewed this months bill and have provided you with some information regarding your bill here

Please get back to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Rabat

I renewed my contract in March, and 3 payments later have still not had my agreed discount applied despite my repeated reminders. I keep getting told (via on-line chat) that the problem will be resolved "very soon". I believe Plusnet to clearly be in breach of our contract and if there's no resolution very very soon now, then I will cancel said contract and place my business elsewhere.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Rabat, thanks foe getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear that these issues have not been rectified and for the inconvenience caused to you by paying a higher bill. I have taken some action on your account to resolve this, you can view a full update on what I've done via your account here

If you have any questions please get back to me.

Kind regards,

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post removed as thread started here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Rabat

Thank you for resolving this - 3 months overcharge amounts have now been credited back into my current account.

It's just a pity that, following 2 on-line chats with promises that the problem will be "resolved soon" (with nil result), that immediately I post on this forum it is sorted satisfactorily.

My next payment is due soon - I confidently expect the payment taken to be as agreed in contract....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the issues you've had.

Let us know how it goes next month.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supatel
Hooked

Hi thanks for responding. I've since spoken to live chat regarding this issue but have yet to see any refund. I understand I've been charged 10.99 for out of contract broadband even though I renewed before the end of my contract and the advisor I spoke to on the phone didn't warn me of this charge beforehand. Can you you update me on what's happening with this please?

Rabat

Hi supatel   Did you ask for (and receive) a transcript of your on-line conversation? I always do so that I've got some hard evidence of what was said (and promised!). Good luck.

Anon
Pro

Go to Small Claims Court

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi Supatel,

I can see that my colleague has provided an explanation of the billing on your account here.

Whilst I appreciate that you may have recontracted before the end of your current contract, the sales ticket here explains when your new package (and discount) would be in effect. You will note that your most recent bill shows the broadband charge for the entire month (because at the point where your invoice was generated, your new contract was not in effect). This will be amended on a pro-rata basis on your next invoice now that your new contract is in place.

What should have happened in this situation is a pro-rata credit to cover you during the interim period between old and new contracts (because as you've correctly stated, you called before the end of your contract) - if this has not happened then I apologise for the inconvenience. I've added to the ticket that I've linked above to resolve this for you and taken personal ownership of your complaint.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave

Batphone
Rising Star

It seems that this is not an isolated issue then. I just contacted PlusNet support regarding the same problem. I entered a new contract in May but am still being charged the previous significantly greater amount. I have just been in touch with PlusNet chat who inform me their billing team are aware of this issue. It seems they need to "check which customers are affected and will then process refunds/credits for any over payments". That statement would seem to suggest that PlusNet do not even know how many customers might be affected yet? I asked but no indication was given as to when this issue might be resolved. I was informed only that I would receive an e-mail once my refund was processed.

There are only a handful of reports on this thread so far, so its difficult to know how big the issue really is, but some may not be aware until they have received and checked their bill. Should we assume that if one has negotiated a new contract recently (say the last couple of months), then they are likely to be affected by this issue? I think it might be a good idea for anyone who has recently changed their contract to check their next bill to determine whether their account has been similarly affected.

Let's hope it gets fixed soon, although I am concerned that this appears to still be ongoing since at least March!

Batphone
Rising Star

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Batphone  it actually started last September ! Shocked nearly 10 months Lips_are_sealed