cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged, Still haven't got a full refund !!!

Emilyjaneb

Overcharged, Still haven't got a full refund !!!

I renewed my broadband contract with PLUSNET in March, and agreed a price of £18 per month.

My first two bills have come through and I have been charged £29.98 on both.

I rang after the first bill came through and was told there was a systems issue and that I would be refunded and my account changed so that I would be charged the correct amount.

My second bill has come through today and I have been mischarged again!

I have not received a refund for the first error and when I contacted customers services again to complain I was told I would not get a refund until the issue was fixed but that they had no time scale on when this would be.

When I questioned what I should do if I was put into my overdraft by the overpayment, and charged for doing so - I was told I should budget for this.

I can see I’m not the only one affected! I’m over paying by over 50%, have had no refunds and have been given no timescale for resolution. PLUSNET are benefiting from interest from my monthly overpayment. I am not.

Can someone please look into this as a letter of urgency and advise when I’ll be refunded for the overpayment made and also when I can expect my billing to be corrected.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Overcharged, Still haven't got a full refund !!!

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts/Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Emilyjaneb,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with your recent bills following your contract renewal.I have looked into this for you and believe I have resolve your issues here

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Osarian

My situation is broadly the same, last two months charged £20.99 whilst contracted @ £13.00 pcm. I contacted PlusNet and this was their agents reply.

I can see that this is part of the discounts issue that we have been having with our billing system. However, our internal billing team are aware of it and are doing our best to get this rectified as soon as possible, as there are a few other customers that have also reported the same thing. The only problem is, that we do not know when the problem will be fixed as we have to test the fix a lot to make sure that it does not make further wrong charges and cause major account issues etc. We will let you know as soon as the issue is fixed and refund you for all the funds that we have overcharged since you agreed to your next contract.

So it's a case of wait and see. The agent did say I would be contacted when all was sorted but it's a pity that they did not inform customers from the beginning when they knew there was a problem.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Osarian  they been working on the FIX for the past 8 months , it does not instil confidence Shocked

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Osarian  and thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

I'm sorry to see your billing is incorrect and how this has been handled. I've reviewed this and as my reply contains account specific information, I've added a reply on to a support ticket which you can view Here.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Complain to Ombudsman Services, they are very familiar with the problems at Pnet.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Emilyjaneb

Have still only received one refund out of two.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Emilyjaneb, thanks for getting back to us.

I'm really sorry you've only received one of two refunds. I've taken a look into the account for you and provided an update here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team