cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged and product details wrong!

Chickenandchip
Hooked

Over charged and product details wrong!

I have been with plusnet for 1 year, paying an initial upfront one off payment. I applied to change my product in February when my contract was ending, yet despite being sent an email confirming this and my new monthly payment, I had an email today to say my first bill had been calculated and I have been charged for line rental (which I shouldn’t have been) and twice for unlimited fibre-both at a higher price than what I was quoted and confirmed in my email when I switched products. On looking at my account summary it says my unlimited fibre cost is higher than what I signed up to, and now I’m being charged line rental which was previously quoted at £0.00. Not only that but the broadband has actually been worse since I switched with constant drops in connection to the server. In total I’ve been overcharged £38.61 in this first month of a new contract. Having searched online, the recent billing fiasco does not fill me with confidence-advice needed please before I cancel my direct debit on this.

9 REPLIES 9
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Over charged and product details wrong!

Hi @Chickenandchip

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced.

I've reviewed your most recent bill and provided you with a breakdown of the charges here and I have also included some information around your connection issue

Kind Regards,

Chickenandchip
Hooked

Thank you for your reply and for answering the queries I have raised, however I am still not satisfied with the line rental charges I have incurred when my quote for new products specifically said line rental £0.00 and call plan £0.00. See the attached picture. If this is not the case I have been mis sold this product.35551487-F741-46B8-B698-5ADE21298E0A.png

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Chickenandchip the system took into account that you had active LRS on your account. However, without current LRS in place the standard line rental charge of £18.99 per month is applicable.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused

Chickenandchip
Hooked

If the system took that into account, how on earth are we meant to know that? We had an email to say the line rental was up for renewal, so when logging into our account and selecting to view what product change was available to us, that screenshot is what we were quoted. No where did it say or was it made clear about the line rental cost being £18.99 per month, if it did, we would not have selected this deal and shopped around for a better offer. It clearly states £0.00 hence why we confirmed the upgrade, and then received an email to say our prices were locked and wouldn’t be changed mid contract. 

Please can you advise of your complaints procedure as I am not paying for this line rental which has clearly been miss sold. Very unhappy about this!

@Satss wrote:

@Chickenandchip the system took into account that you had active LRS on your account. However, without current LRS in place the standard line rental charge of £18.99 per month is applicable.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Chickenandchip

I can see you contacted our team not long ago. They noted a ticket on your account which you can view by Clicking Here

Please let us know if you are contacted by a member of our Customer Options Team.

You can view the details of our complaint process by Clicking Here

You can raise a complaint through the help assistance, and raise a ticket.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

Chickenandchip
Hooked

Hi, yes I did contact a member of the team who after being passed between 3 departments said they would call me back between 1700-1800hrs, to which I have heard nothing.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Chickenandchip

I am deeply sorry to hear a member of the Customer Options Team had not contacted you.

Unfortunately, I cannot raise a callback to be arranged this evening. As the team are now not available until tomorrow morning.

I will personally have this looked into tomorrow, and arrange for someone to get in touch with you regarding your query.

Feel free to private message me the following details:-

- Best time to call

- Best contact number to call you on

Once you have sent me a private message with these details. Please comment on this thread, so we can continue to assist you. 

Kind regards.

Chickenandchip
Hooked

Hello, I have PMd you this morning. Many thanks.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Chickenandchip thanks for sending that over. I have sent a request with your requirements to our Customer options team, they have picked this up and will call you on your requested dates. Thanks.