cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over a month since order and still no switch from BT :-/

virgopunk

Over a month since order and still no switch from BT :-/

Hi,
I had confirmation of my order (including 12 month payment for line rental) on November 1st. Haven't heard anything since them (despite providing MAC code at time of order).
You website is unable to provide me with any order tracking information as link takes you back to the page you just came from.
How can this be classed as good customer service?
Can you provide me with some information on the status?
I've also raised this query via the 'Contact Us' - ref: 78034969
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Over a month since order and still no switch from BT :-/

Looking into this now, however from a first glance it seems like our ordering system has stalled and not actually placed the order. Unfortunately this means the MAC is now expired so we'd need a new one in order to be able to continue migrating your service to us. Really sorry to have to tell you that, but there's nothing else we can do at the moment without a new MAC.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Chris,
Can / has the cause of the stall been profiled so that it can be proactively looked for, thereby avoid mac expiry in the future?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Honestly I'm struggling to see why this has happened. Normally there's an obvious step missed or someone has made a mistake, this time though there is nothing that I can see. We'll need investigation by our engineering team into this, however I'd prefer to leave them fixing things that are affecting more than a solitary install. I know it's frustrating to read that, but we have to be realistic in prioritising the things we investigate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Chris,
Understand your take on this.  On the surface this looks like yet another 'lost in the ordering system' problem, which given that space is being reimplemented, it would have been useful to profile this issue to ensure the new system copes with the issue.
Experience tells me that inter organisation systems have data exchange / interface protocols, which are fine if both systems work totally within the rules.  However there are invariably events which are not to be expected (typically sequence of events) which though not outside of the rules have no defined method for handling them.  In such circumstances the well oiled system breaks down, consuming vast amounts of support effort to manually manage them, to say nothing of the frustration heaped on the end customer.
I'll ask the question again - in the interim until the new provisioning system is in place, has PN considered / explored the practicality of running a daily 'suspect' report looking for provisioning orders which have not progressed for some defined (say 72 hours) elapsed time?  This should enable PN to spot potential issues before a user starts to complain here on the forums.  Such a proactive approach could reap untold benefits in reducing the call load on the call centres.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

We do have a process for managing failed, stalled or incorrect orders, however at the moment there are always some that drop outside this. Please don't think I'm disregarding what you're saying, far from it, but I'm extremely hopeful of the new ordering systems to cut down this type of problem vastly.
virgopunk

Quite a fundamental issue really isn't it!? Particularly since my account page told me the order was being processed and my payment for 12 months of line rental was processed. This error resulted in me having another awful 30 minute telecon with BT Retentions  who initially told me that I couldn't have a seamless transfer with charge for early contract redemption (following their price hike) and I would have to cancel my BT service completely before PlusNet could go ahead. When I challenged this (since there's nothing in their T&Cs about this) they back peddled and gave me my MAC code (after keeping me on hold for over 10 minutes to punish me for being too clever for their Customer Service advisor!). They have, however, logged a complaint regarding my insistence that I should not be charged and it's likely that that complaint won't be upheld. All this wouldn't have happened if my order with PlusNet hadn't have vapourised.
Your systems error may end up costing me which is not a great way of introducing me to your products!  Angry