cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 8 months and still can't log in to my account.

HojoNorem
Grafter

Over 8 months and still can't log in to my account.

Back late last year I had a new CC sent to me so I had to update my account with the new details...

Everything broke and for a month my account didn't have a valid payment method.  Somehow I managed to get my new CC details entered but ever since then any attempt to log in take me to  https://www.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

Even though I can't log in, PN's system is still able to properly charge my CC, so something is still working.

The thing is, I just received a text from my CC provider.  They are moving to another CC processor.  That means a new card and that I will need to update my details again in a months time but I'm very concerned that I won't be able to do so this time around.

I'm on PN FTTP.  I do NOT want to risk loosing it.

eMails and phonecalls to support throughout December pretty much came up with no progress, beyond learning that PN staff are as much unable to gain access to my account as I am.

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Over 8 months and still can't log in to my account.

I would suggest posting on the FTTP trial section of the forum, you certainly don't want to lose the FTTP by being unable to pay. I can't understand why you are unable access your account. Are you able to login to the member centre?

HojoNorem
Grafter

Can't get past the login page.  Once I've filled in my UN & PW and hit enter I get dumped to the error page.  This happens on all browsers, all machines and all ISPs.

If I keep trying various account related links I eventually get dumped at the failed billing page which does have the account management icons along the top, but all the icons except 'billing' just take me to the error page at https://www.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry .

The only section that seems to work is Billing, but that's no use as you can't change any payment details there.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @HojoNorem,

It very much sounds like it will not allow you to change the payment details because there is an outstanding balance on the account. Once this has been brought up to date, please can you try it again once the account has been settled.

If the issue persists at that point please get in touch and we would be happy to call you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
HojoNorem
Grafter

There shouldn't be a balance as my CC has been charged successfully for the last eight months.

Besides, I should be able to access my account properly regardless of any outstanding balance. In fact, one would think that the ability to make alterations to payment details while there is an outstanding balance is an important one.

This whole problem reeks of a faulty database entry. I've been a PN customer since before the Ellacoyas... Perhaps there's some junk data left over when PN migrated over to the current system.
HojoNorem
Grafter

Took another stab at it today.  Still no joy.  I managed to fumble my way to the failed billing page.  Just for sake of experimentation I clicked 'Arrange Payment'.

The error screen I arrive at is different to the usual one.  I get sent to https://www.plus.net/tpar_error.html with the message "Sorry, there has been a technical fault that has meant we have been unable to process your payment."

It looks like in the event of an actual outstanding balance, I wouldn't even be able to pay it!