cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding Balance?

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Outstanding Balance?

Hi Everyone. I know all Plusnet staff members are very busy beavering away and well done to you all at this manic time. I have a new 18 month contract which started this month and the first payment of £19.99p is still sitting as an `Outstanding Payment` on my account. The statement says your payment will be taken On or around April 21st. It`s now April 27th and I`m worried my Direct Debit payment is still outstanding. 

Can I assume it`s a delay in the payment system causing this delay since I`ve never changed (or had to change) anything in the past. My DD payments are taken each month without issues but I`m not seeing the `- minus` sign in front of the £19.99p on the account.  If a staff member could have a peek for me just to confirm either way? I`ve taken a note that this payment is due and have sufficient funds to pay regardless but I don`t want to be sitting on this for too long and the payments start mounting up into next month. 

10 REPLIES 10
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Outstanding Balance?

Hi there @plusmouse Smiley It sounds like the payment is stuck in our system, I have updated your account here to monitor.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks Noor. I really appreciate your assistance with my query and can confirm I have received an email from Plusnet who have opened a ticket for me and are monitoring the situation to check if my direct debit payment is taken shortly and also confirm that my DD account is also looking okay. So not too sure where the problem lies. I will report back if and when this is clarified, or if I require any further help. Thankyou. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @plusmouse Smiley That was me who opened the ticket, I will monitor this closely for you. Take care.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Great Noor, hope it rectifies itself soon as all my previous DD monthly payments have went through fine with no issue. As did my recent re-contracting with no need to change anything at my end.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hello Noor. I received a reply to the ticket you opened for me thankyou. It states the payment has cleared at PlusNet`s end but that I am to check my bank as well just to be sure. I don`t have online/digital banking or telephone banking so rely on receiving a monthly bank statement or using an ATM which means travelling on a bus to the nearest one available and at the moment that isn`t possible as I live with an elderly relative who is vulnerable so I have to restrict my movements.

My account still isn`t showing the - `minus` sign in front of the £19.99p outstanding balance as yet so until that appears, I suspect this means the payment is still pending? Or is that something that should happen automatically? I`m not sure.

I`ve replied to the ticket question also Noor but realise it expires within 14 days so hoping this 1st payment has indeed cleared and my next payment for due on the 10th May will be taken as normal. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@plusmouse As perviously advised, we can see the payment as clear but please get back in touch if you see anything otherwise.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I will do Noor, many thanks. I`m hopeful that it will have cleared okay even after the delay which I didn`t expect to see. I will report back if I find the payment wasn`t taken but if it appears on an ATM slip or bank statement as credited, then all will be fine. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@plusmouse Thanks Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Just an update for Noor. Both the April and May payments for my new 18 month contract have been taken without issue Noor so many thanks for your speedy response earlier to my questions. Appreciate it given the current dilemma everyone is dealing with. Keep up the good work responding to users because without you and your hard working colleagues, we would be lost! 👍

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Noor's out of the office now but thanks for your kind words.

Glad to see this is sorted now. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet