cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract fees too high, anyone got any suggestions for other cheap fibre broadband providers?

CharlieParker
Dabbler

Out of contract fees too high, anyone got any suggestions for other cheap fibre broadband providers?

£38.99 for fibre boradband and evening and weekend calls? Do Plusnet want us to switch to a different supplier? Treating your existing customers like this while doing cheap deals for new customers is both insulting and short sighted, we'll all end up going to another company...
No one likes being ripped off
I can save £10 a month by moving to another company, that's £120 a year I'd be paying for being a loyal customer with Plusnet.
Other businesses reward customer loyalty, not penalise it

4 REPLIES 4
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Out of contract fees too high, anyone got any suggestions for other cheap fibre broadband provid

I was in the same situation a few weeks back..

Loyalty means nothing more than a customer who has either forgotten to switch, or is too stubborn to do so.

What you need to do is go shopping, see what deals are out there, and write them down

Work out how much plus net will cost you if you stay as is ( ie the out of contract price)  over the course of 1 month

12 months and 18 moths

Then go shopping

On my shopping list for a replacement ISP/phone provider was:

Vodafone

Origin Broadband

Talk Talk

Shell Energy

All of the above offer some extremely competitive deals, and are signifficantly cheaper than plusnets out of ( minimum term) contract price, out of all the above, I would have gone with Vodafone.

I use the word "would" because the next step is to call plusnet retentions ( select i want to leave plusnet) and out of the back of that I was offered a deal i was happy with.

If you get nowhere, state you will be moving to the new supplier who will save you £XXX over 12 months compared to plusnet, make sure you have a calculator handy because if plusnet offer you a deal, add it up to see if its not all it appears to be.

If you get nowhere even after that, they try again one more time on another day, if still no luck then you will need to move to something that isnt quite so expensive Do not cancel your plusnet account as this may incur additional charges plus your connection ( phone and internet) may be down for a period of time ( could be two weeks or more) , get in touch with your new supplier and they should take it from there with your line migrating to their services usually overnight, instead of being disconnected and re-connected over a period of weeks

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Out of contract fees too high, anyone got any suggestions for other cheap fibre broadband provid

Retentions (also called Customer Options) Team can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

CharlieParker
Dabbler

Thanks, that's most helpful. I tried messaging Plusnet, but there's a queue so not possible. I'll phone and see how long it takes to get through to an actual human. I was about to switch to Talk Talk, but will see what transpires

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @CharlieParker 

I'm happy to arrange a call back from customer options if it's easier.

If you'd like to go ahead, what's the best time for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet