Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Contract leaving PN Q's

FIXED
TonySoprano
Hooked

Out of Contract leaving PN Q's

I have PN unlimited fibre and my parents have normal limited BB old contracts with inclusive weekend and evening calls

Both are out of contract so assume there are no fees once our new providers activate the switch?

Would there be any kind of ceasation fees if I went from a pn line (BT line) to say sky or talk talk who operate their own of what I think is called LLU's?

And finally I presume I do not need to give notice as the contract end date is the date on which we are switched?

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Out of Contract leaving PN Q's

Fix

@TonySoprano

The switch is lead by the new supplier and you don't have to contact the current supplier at all (OFCOM rules to stop current supplier pressuring people to stay)

Cessation fees will be payable if the phone line is switched to an LLU as the line will be disconnected from the Openreach network and on to the LLU operators network. I think the cost is £30.

If you are out of contract then there are no other fees from Plusnet's side.

Good luck.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Out of Contract leaving PN Q's

Just to add to the response from SpendLessTime, more information on the cessation fee can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet