cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order update?

Devonian
Grafter

Order update?

Can somebody check on my new provision order please.
It's been a week and a half and it's still on checking details, I haven't had a swich over date either.
I did raise a ticket days ago, but there's been no reply.
Many thanks.
Account is under username: DEVONIAN1
Ticket number:  61511368
Thanks
22 REPLIES 22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Order update?

I'm just picking this up now for you.
Sorry for the obvious confusion over which account you wanted to proceed with. AFAIK we can revive your original account, leave this with me for know and I'll get back to you a little later with an update.
Adam
EDIT: One of my colleagues in the provisioning team is picking this up now for you. Sorry for the hassle I can see a couple of bits of feedback to pass on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks a lot Adam.
Trust you to save the day.  Grin

3 hours reply on here... 8 days from talktalk  Wink
Devonian
Grafter

Ok, following on from my ticket, it seems a cease order is on my line.
I phoned TT and was told there is no such thing, and was even told my account is not restricted.. so obviously no idea what they are talking about.
Then I had a thought, I phoned BT last week, after plusnet sales suggested there maybe a problem bringing the line over due to the circumstances.
I asked BT to quote me for providing a new line, which they did and I hung up.
So, I thought I wonder if somebody has actually put an order through?
I spoke to BT, lo and behold.. an order for a new line has been place to complete on Turesday the 6th.
I explanined I only phoned for a quote, and have not agreed to a quote, so eventually, we came to a deal.
I am paying £40 for a new install, and will be on a 30 day contract.. but I wont be able to keep the same number.

So, onto my order with PlusNet.
It will need to be changed obviously, BT have given me the new number, it will be a new line over the existing cables, and there will be no broadband on the line.
So, how quickly can PlusNet activate broadband on the line?  I dont need any hardware, or an engineer visit, all I need is the lane activating.
Can PlusNet also add an order to migrate the phone line on the 6th December, and reinstate my old package?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Embarrassed And the epic saga of Devonian continues, being serious though I hope this gets sorted soon.
Provided the new line is active and also showing as active on BT's systems we should be able to get an order for broadband through in 5-7 working days.
Just drop us a ticket or a PM to myself if you like with the number and I'll get the ball rolling.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Your telling me, I'm like a walking disaster!
On the plus, i have got you a new customer... my brother is quite impressed in the way PN (especially you) goes out of your way to help.
I certainly wont even consider changing again.
I will PM you my number, but it is inactive at the moment, as it wont be connected until Tuesday 06/11/12 some time during the day.
Cheers mate.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and thanks a lot for saying that (just what you want to hear on a Friday!)
I've updated the number on your account and will update the ticket shortly. Was there any indication of when the line will go live?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

No problem Adam, and thanks a lot.
bt.com is showing this:
My BT
Order tracking
Order details
Account number: GB11******
Your order - Unlimited Anytime Plan Plus
Your order summary
Your order is on track, please see below for the details. If there is a delay to your order we will contact you.
In Progress
Reference number:
VOL012-69**********
Order placed on:
Mon 22 Oct 2012
Estimated activation:
Tue 06 Nov 2012

Preferred contact no.:
Email:
Your activation date
Activation Date Up to midnight Tue 06 Nov In Progress

Activation:
Your service can be activated at any time up to midnight on your activation date. If you have trouble connecting, please try again after this time.
I have an Unlimited Anytime Plan add-on, but I'm seeing a lower calling plan here
I want to change my appointment date, will this affect my activation date?
Why is my activation date an estimation?
My activation date has passed but my order status is still "In Progress"
Payment information
One-off payment:
£40.00
Your recurring payment amount can be found on your order confirmation.
Payment method:
Cheque/Cash
Contract length:
30Day
Where can I find out more about paying by Direct Debit?
The payment amounts stated could be for a limited period only and be associated with an offer or discount that applies to your order and may not for this period include line rental. If you have ordered a replacement product, the cost of this may also not be shown.
Product information
Unlimited Anytime Plan Plus
Phone number:
Terms & conditions

So by close of play Tuesday.  Fingers crossed!
Devonian
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I just saw your ticket update.
bt.com is showing my order as in progress with an estimated completion date of today.
My line has been disconnected from talktalk and my old number says it isn't receiving incoming calls.
My phone line is currently dead, and my new number isn't connecting yet.
Hopefully OR are busy bee's in the exchange as I type this...........  
If not....   Cry

If nothing has changed by 4pm, I will give BT a tinkle for an update then post here to update you.
Cheers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for the update,
I'll check again later for you, fingers crossed the line records will update today and we can get the ball rolling again for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Open Reach have just been (I wasn't even expecting them) they checked the line, put on a new socket, tested everything, and said my line is in perfect condition now, and they have closed off the order as complete.
I have in/out going calls from the updated number I gave you.
If you can order broadband for me ASAP I would be very greatful.
I think I said before, but there is no need to send a router as I use my own, and there is no broadband on the line so no mac is needed.

If you need to take an upfront payment, my card details are on file, please use that then drop me a message to let me know.

Interestingly, OR said they are installing fibre to my cabinet this week and by christmas it will be available to me... which I will most def. be connecting to, but that's for another day, and probable headache for you!  Cheesy

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Devonian,
Just had a look with a view to placing the order and your number hasn't been marked as active yet I'm afraid. We'll try again later on but I suspect we won't be able to order until tomorrow.
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
I suspect as much myself.
Can you place a Phone line order at the same for 30 days from now?
I'm on a 30 day contract with BT starting today, and wish to migrate fully to PN as soon as pos.
Thanks for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We should be able to specify a date for you so I don't imagine that would be a problem.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Ok brilliant.  Smiley