Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order stalled?

GJenkins
Grafter

Order stalled?

Hiya,
On tuesday I ordered plusnet fibre as im fed up with my talktalk adsl connection. Everything seemed to have gone through fine except on the order status it seems to be stuck at "Checking your details" ?
Also I need to  organise for someone to be at home when the hardware gets delivered.. this too seems to be stuck at 'Hardware dispatch pending'
The tracker doesnt seem to be providing much information nor does it give a delivery date for the hardware (my main concern)...
Any advice from plusnet staff would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Order stalled?

Hi there,
First we need to book an engineer visit for the install date, if you log in to http://contactus.plus.net you'll be able to see the ticket with the dates on and advise which would be best. As soon as that's booked and we know what the install date will be we'll arrange for the hardware to be shipped out to you.
GJenkins
Grafter

okay cool thanks will keep an eye on it 😃
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you could comment on ticket 45124382 and advise when would be best for an engineer to visit and install the service we'll be able to get things moving for you. You can do that by going to the link I posted above and clicking on 'view open tickets' Smiley
GJenkins
Grafter

Hi there, just replied to the ticket - hope that helps 😃
GJenkins
Grafter

Hmm still appears to be no change since almost a week ago, mind it was the weekend right after I posted Smiley Grin
GJenkins
Grafter

NM things seem to be on the move after calling up! But moved the engineer visit from the 17th to the 22nd  Undecided
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi GJenkins,
That's correct, I can see that your order is placed and your installation date is scheduled for 22/08/11.  Please let us know if you need us to make any amendments.
GJenkins
Grafter

Had a call from talktalk today asking if I did order internet from plusnet and if it was ok to carry on with the plusnet order. She seemed concerned as the 9.4m speed was very low and that 'they all use the same fibre technology which means its should be at least 15 and closer to 30' She was able to confirm a cabinet with 200 yards of my house and to get back to you guys to get that fixed?
matt_2k34
Grafter

Sounds like a call from their retentions department spitting lies to try and keep your custom.
Take your modem and run !  Cheesy
I know the date is quite a way away, but id guess thats down to BTo being busy doing many installs  Grin -- id recommend having the new netgear set up and ready to go, so you can plug in and be ready whilst the engineer is trying to get on his way  Grin
and to get back to you guys to get that fixed?

Huh  Roll_eyes Huh
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: GJenkins
She was able to confirm a cabinet with 200 yards of my house and to get back to you guys to get that fixed?

I'm not sure if you mean Talktalk will get back to us, or that you should let us know in order that we can sort it? Either way you should already be having the service installed to the green box your line is already connected to. As Matt2k34 says above it's likely their retentions department asking if they can cancel the order we've placed in order to keep your custom - they can cancel the order if you tell them that's what you want (hopefully you didn't Wink )
GJenkins
Grafter

Hiya, they did try to get me to stay with them, of course I said no... When I first had a line installed it was put in on the same wire as a 40yr old like... they just split it into two via a little box (I can perhaps take a picture later). Apparently this isnt the ideal situation as that line is connected to a cabinet a lot further away than the one near me. She said this should be rectified when I get fibre installed so its connected to a nearer cabinet and this I get a connection which is more than the nine that plusnet quoted me. She insisted I could get much closer to the 40 connection and they would be able to rectify it for me when the fibre is installed by them, but because I told her I was sticking with plusnet, she suggested that I ask you guys about fixing the lack of speed? Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

she suggested that I ask you guys about fixing the lack of speed?

That will be over after the engineer visit? Smiley
TalkTalk will say absolutely any old crap to get you to stay, sign you up for 18 months and then do nothing Wink
Good luck on the install ! Smiley
Regards
GJenkins
Grafter

Engineer arrived today and set everything up, gettings speeds of around 18 meg or so, very happy!
matt_2k34
Grafter

18 meg?
you going over wireless, or is it still ramping up?? (or are you very far away from the cab?)
Regards