cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order failure. Or not.

Graubart
Dabbler

Order failure. Or not.

So, I posted this in the feedback section. Maybe it is a better fit for the Accounts section.
Hi, I recently (27/04/15) placed an order to move to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra from Talktalk LLU and was sent an email confirming my order and saying an engineer was coming today (13/05/15) 1300-1800. As my router had not arrived yesterday I opened a question with the Help assistant which was replied to this morning. The reply is baffling to say the least. I am now told that my install is provisionally set for 28/05/15 and the link to the Order tracker in the original email sent to me leads to a page stating I have "No order in progress". I did pay the upfront charge and received a "Welcome to Plusnet" email and letter.
I really would like to know what is actually happening with my order, if indeed anything.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Graubart
Dabbler

Re: Order failure. Or not.

No customer service rep feel like touching this one then? Excellent.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for not replying yet, I'll take a look and respond shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm very sorry about this but there's not a huge amount of information to give here. Unfortunately the original order wasn't confirmed and therefore the date you requested for today wasn't a confirmed appointment.
As you mention, one of my colleagues has placed an order for you for the earliest date possible as we have to provide 10 working days to take over a telephone line.
I'm really sorry for the issues, but 2 of us have just checked the new order and it's in place correctly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Graubart
Dabbler

Thanks for looking and responding. It's nice that the order has been confirmed now but how wasn't it confirmed in the first place. I placed an order on the website and paid £30.93 three weeks ago, which will be five weeks by the time I actually get the install. Having spent today waiting for an engineer that was never going to arrive why was I sent an email saying the install would be today if it was unconfirmed. Will I receive another "welcome to plusnet" email and have my member centre area updated, which still says 13/05/15? A thoroughly odd situation.