cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled with no explanation.

Pyrii
Grafter

Order cancelled with no explanation.

So I decided to check on my order for Fibre Unlimited because I hadn't heard since I asked for an engineer date and find a new ticket with this:
System User - Automated Script Pool
2:19pm, Thursday 6 Jun 2013
There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.

What? No updates either, no attempt to contact me. So it's just been cancelled like that! I got my MAC key from BE halfway through may and put in a cancellation order at the same time, so I'm worried I may actually end up without broadband now.
So I phoned up the helpline, waited 25 minutes in queue (Serious, if your websites says "However, we actively monitor our peak times to ensure we always have enough people on the phones to answer your queries without keeping you waiting too long in a queue." then try backing it up with actual people answering phones.
And what did he tell me? "Oh that's to do with provisioning, and they're closed now, I can't see anything to do with provisioning, this is just technical support".
So no help there, he can't even look for me to see what the problem is. Sigh.
I thought Plusnet had changed...
15 REPLIES 15
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Order cancelled with no explanation.

Hi Pyrii,
Sorry to see that you got this message, it does seemed to have caused you a panic. The initial order was rejected by our suppliers, so would need to resubmit an order which has now been processed.
This is committed for the 17th June 8am - 1pm.
Let me know how the install goes or if you have any questions.
Pyrii
Grafter

Yeah, I asked if there was anything sooner because Be are going to but me off on the 13th which will leave me without internet for 4 days. and I'm fast running out of GameCenter CX episodes.
I asked in the ticket and got no response so I phones up and waited for about 5 minutes (This page shouldn't exist if it's never going to be correct: https://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 ) to be told that would probably be the soonest possible date and there wouldn't be anything sooner (No checking, just that response)
Are you absolutely sure it can't be done sooner?
James
Grafter

I asked in the ticket and got no response so I phones up and waited for about 5 minutes (This page shouldn't exist if it's never going to be correct: https://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 ) to be told that would probably be the soonest possible date and there wouldn't be anything sooner (No checking, just that response)

Odd.  Which options did you chose on the telephone system?
Pyrii
Grafter

The "Order in progress" option I think. It automatically told me I don't have internet yet (Duh) and then forwarded me to a cute sounding woman.
dick:quote
James
Grafter

Hah! I'll let her know!
Sorry about the confusion on the waiting times though.  I'm just going to try and see if the Order Updates queue should be included on the page or whether it's just the generic Tech/CS one.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and put in a cancellation order at the same time

That sounds a bit worrying!. You should not have to cancel anything yourself, BE will be informed when your MAC is used. If you've cancelled directly then that could be a problem. Who is your telephone service with BTW, since if that's alos cancelled, that will cause problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pyrii
Grafter

Phone is with the Post Office, it's been much cheaper as we no longer have mystery numbers appearing on our bill any more Tongue
Quote from: James
Hah! I'll let her know!
Sorry about the confusion on the waiting times though.  I'm just going to try and see if the Order Updates queue should be included on the page or whether it's just the generic Tech/CS one.
I doubt that woman will say the same about my voice lol. Nevermind.
If there's ANY way to forward the engineer visit, I'd be okay as it appears we have the whole of next week free.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
James
Grafter

17th is the earliest I'm afraid Sad
Pyrii
Grafter

Cry
James
Grafter

Can you get Be to cancel the cancellation? There shouldn't be any need for you to be (no pun intended) without service.
They will receive notification when the service is transferred to us.
Pyrii
Grafter

They put a new cancellation order in for the 19th, but just to annoy me, they kept calling me "Sir" which I really hate Sad
James
Grafter

Not surprised!  Be sure to let us know that everything goes through fine Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Phone is with the Post Office,

That's good news Smiley That means there's no chance of BE cancelling the phone service once the Broadband is moved away from them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pyrii
Grafter

Now I just need to get a static IP sorted and paid for. Something I kinda require and GOT FOR FREE WITH A TOP TIER PRODUCT with my last few ISPs...
But for some reason I get an error whenever I try to order it.
There's been a problem. We've not been able to add Static IP to your account.
Please contact our Support Team by using the Help Assistant or calling us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.