cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Confusion ?

Lynda
Grafter

Order Confusion ?

I have only JUST found the place here-the Member Centre-where you leave messages for us on the Help Assistant.....I do wish you'd have told me.....cos' it says this in the body of the message:
Please note, that at this time we are not in a position to place your order as we need the acceptance from Openreach. Once we have this, then we can place the order and provide you with when the engineer maybe out on site.

I just phoned your help number and apparently this means that if TalkTalk don't release my line I won't get my phone and neither the broadband !! The phone I can live without but not my broadband. How long is broadband usually up 'n' running after the phone is working, please ? I also phoned TalkTalk to ensure they HAVE put my cancellation through and luckily it's confirmed as ordered.
I'm ready to hyperventilate, I think, if this ends up taking as long as my last move took-10 weeks. Please tell me it isn't so !
Cheers,
Lynda X
Roll_eyes
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Order Confusion ?

Judging from posts elsewhere on these forums escaping from the clutches of TalkTalk can be notoriously difficult even when "it's ordered".
Once your phone line returns to the BT network I think it's 5 to 7 days to get broadband operational.
David
Lynda
Grafter

Thankyou Spraxyt-that's a bit of a worry.....honestly, they're all the same, aren't they, and you'd think these days a switchover would be as simple as it is with electricity. There's never a drop in service there when you switch.
Cheers,
Lynda~
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Switching electricity or gas is usually easier, but that doesn't involve connecting you individually to a different power station or gas source. Moving phone and broadband from TT involves someone at the exchange removing jumpers (wires) connecting your phone line to TT equipment, then connecting your phone line to BT equipment. After that a broadband order is submitted to add a connection to BT broadband kit (a DSLAM or MSAN depending on whether your service will be 20CN or 21CN).
Why phone and broadband can't be done at the same time is one of life's mysteries. Grin
David
Lynda
Grafter

Thankyou-I do wonder at it because the first 2 or 3 times I changed providers it was a seamless changeover. It may have been due to the fact that always my lines were with BT though.......that seems to make a difference. It sounds like they make it difficult on purpose to encourage people to use their services again......
Cheers, Lynda X
Embarrassed