cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options when moving into temporary accomodation

kouchakudasai

Options when moving into temporary accomodation

I am signed up to a 12 month fibre broadband contract until Oct 2021, however unexpectedly we are having to move and will temporarily stay with a family member while we look for somewhere to live.

I am aware that cancelling my account will incur a huge charge, and so I wonder what my options might be? Can I simply pause the account until I'm in new accomodation and then transfer it there?

I also wonder, if I keep my account active for now, if/when a new tenant moves into this property and sets up their own broadband, will mine be cut off automatically (and subsequentally incur a fee)?Huh

Any advice would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Options when moving into temporary accomodation

@kouchakudasai I'm no expert on this, but whichever way you go, you will be paying.To be honest, to avoid complications further down the line, I personally would cancel your contract now and pay the cancellation charge - you don't know how long the property may remain empty, or if the new tenants are trustworthy, or if there could be complications because you are not the tenant at change-over.

John
kouchakudasai

Thank you for this @jab1 

I thought it might be easier to keep it active and transfer over to the new address, onces it's been decided rather than paying the cancellation charge followed by another set up charge.. but I hadn't really considered what the new tenant here may end up doing. 

I guess I will need to give PN a call..

Thanks again.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@kouchakudasai wrote:

I guess I will need to give PN a call..

It might also be useful to talk to your landlord to see what plans they have?  If the time gap is short you may be able to get some local arrangement.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.