cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach didn't install new point due to lockdown now refusing to come back

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Openreach didn't install new point due to lockdown now refusing to come back

So in your scenario people would end up with new sockets and lines every time they change providers!

How realistic would that be?

You seem to be digging a bigger hole for yourself. 

Josswilson
Dabbler

Re: Openreach didn't install new point due to lockdown now refusing to come back

How is that my scenario? I suggested that Plusnet inform me of what the £49.99 option actually covers before I pay it. When did I say install a new socket for everyone?

I voluntarily paid £49.99 for a new line. Plusnet are perfectly capable of running a service on an existing line and the sign up process gives you the option to choose that and pay nothing which. I wanted a new line so chose the other option.

It appears my mistake was not knowing that a "new line" does not equal a new socket in my house. But how am I, or anyone else, supposed to know that? As I said before it doesn't give you the option of the £160 "new socket" installation. If it did then maybe I'd have picked that option in the first place. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

The £160 is for the move of a master socket, not an option on the new customer sign up.

Rather than guess and assume, had you rang up in the first place it would have been explained.

Josswilson
Dabbler

I assumed "install a new line" means install a new line.

Didn't think I was guessing or assuming, seemed fairly clear at the time when I signed up. 

What I'm saying is that "install a new line" actually means "switch the line over in the exchange which, if you have an existing line, you really don't need but we'll take your money anyway"

I wonder what percentage of customers actually call to sign up versus the amount who sign up online. I'm guessing it's quite low. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone today @Josswilson and I'm glad we were able to get this matter sorted. Smiley

For those who might benefit from knowing what went on here, whole we (Plusnet) asked Openreach to install a new line at the property, the line / socket, which was being used by another provider was taken over incorrectly. The customer wanted two services to be running simultaneously, with the Plusnet socket being in a different room.

Had the services with the other provider been ceased PRIOR to the engineer visit, the engineer will have been within their rights to use the socket already installed at the property, and we would not waive the £160.00 Master Socket relocation Fee.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds