cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Reach have an incorrect address for my line installation

jamesloveridge

Open Reach have an incorrect address for my line installation

Can anyone help? It's now been FIFTY-THREE days since I ordered with Plusnet for a new line to be installed for a home move. It turned out the delay was caused because Open Reach had the right address but because it is a new build, it shows up in the wrong place on Google Maps.

They finally had the sense to call me and I directed them to the house. This was on 18th December and they said the line installation was much easier than they thought and that they would more than likely be able to do it by Friday 23rd December. 

We're now 17 days on and have heard nothing from Plusnet about an installation date. I keep calling to get an update and the latest call today all they were able to do was pass on the information that the address was taking them to the wrong place. I called Open Reach directly and though they couldn't help me, they said Plusnet should be able to request an unmatched address to give them the correct information and get the order sorted.

I don't know what to do any more as it has been so long, we've been paying over £50 now for BT wifi with fon and I have spent 5+ hours on the phone to Plusnet with no resolution. While all this time, Plusnet have continued to charge me every month for a wifi service they are not providing. 

There should be such a simple solution to this but whoever I call I get fobbed off to someone else saying it is their responsibility and they can't do anymore

3 REPLIES 3
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Open Reach have an incorrect address for my line installation

Hi @jamesloveridge, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the delays you have encountered with the activation of your services at your new property, I appreciate the frustration this would cause. I can see following on from the call that was made to yourself earlier by one of our agents in the provisioning department, Openreach have processed this information and our next review date is 10/01/2019. Unfortunately delays can occur with new build properties as our suppliers have to assess what external work is required to be able to provide a service to the property, but I do appreciate the frustration and inconvenience these delays are having.

Once we have further information from our suppliers on 10/01/2019 we will update you via the open support ticket on your account.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesloveridge

Thanks for getting back to me and I have just been contacted by an OpenReach engineer who is going round to the property to look and to open it as a new task, removing all the previous incorrect information. It has taken 53 days to find out that there is insufficient capacity in the lines running up the telegraph pole so I imagine we will have further delays while a new line is put in. Hopefully they now have the correct address and will be able to find the property again in the future.

Thanks for your help, I hope the ticket is updated though Plusnet have told me 7 times now that they will contact me again on a certain date or update a ticket and it hasn't happen so I've had to sit on hold for 30 minutes to speak to someone then wait for them to call OpenReach.  

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing that information.

Once we receive any further updates from Openreach we will be sure to update you due to the extensive delays you have already faced in relation to your House Move.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team