Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online renewal offer query

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Online renewal offer query

I have always previously done my contract renewal over the phone - and got a good deal.

As my current contract ends 08/02/2020, I note I have an 'exclusive offer' as shown in the picture below:BBDeal.PNG

Now, I am quite happy to renew at that price, but there are a couple of queries. (1) My current IP profile is 7.83Mb/s, which I know is restricted due to a high SNR, but I am happy at that for what I need. The worry is that it says on that page 'estimated download speed 4-6Mb' If, after recontracting, my speed fell to even the top end of that range, I would NOT be happy - can I have an assurance this is just the system being conservative, and - barring technical difficulties - I will maintain my current profile? (2) I intend to renew my LRS for a further year when it is due to expire - is this still possible?

John
7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Online renewal offer query

Fix

We won't make any changes to your broadband service by recontracting on the same product. All that'll change is the pricing etc. 

I'm not aware of any plans to discontinue line rental saver but obviously I can't guarantee we won't do as who knows what the future holds. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Thanks for that, @Gandalf . Sorry if it sounded like a silly question, but I had (I think), spotted the odd post by others who said their profiles had somehow changed as soon as they recontracted - probably coincedence, and if it did happen to me, I would be straight back on here, complaining very loudly.

As regards LRS, I shall renew in March.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and that only happens if you move to a different product. Some people who are on the legacy 55/10 product and want to recontract would technically be moving to the 40/10 product since we don't offer 55/10 as a package. Not sure if that's the case you've been seeing. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Well, if I moved to a different product, it would have to be FTTC, and (according to the DSL checker), I should expect near-maximum speeds.😁. Could well have been what I saw, don't really know as I didn't pay much attention.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. Fibre would be pretty nice at those speeds. Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

True, but for how I use the 'net, I can't justify the added cost - maybe I'll look again in 18 months when I finally get my State pension.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I agree if the speeds you're currently getting are allowing you to do what you'd want to do on the internet. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet