cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online account showed £43 (screenshot) leaving fee but im now told its £120

FIXED
dgmc85

Online account showed £43 (screenshot) leaving fee but im now told its £120

Last month i logged into my online account to see what it would cost me if i left early, before the contract ended, and it said there is a £43 fee upon cancellation and a £30 cessation cost. so thought ill keep an eye out for the january sales

i have 10 months remaining on the contract, i get unlimited broadband and anytime uk calls

https://ibb.co/6R5LDy7

So i called plusnet to verify this and she said yes but the cessation charge is no longer used so i would just pay £43 to leave early 

so last week i signed up with sky bb and starte the switch, under the impression i would only hsve to pay £43to cancel the contract early

but ive just got a letter saying the cancellation will cost £120!

this isnt fair as my account clearly stated it would only cost £43!

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Online account showed £43 (screenshot) leaving fee but im now told its £120

Fix

Hi dgmc85@

I have listened to the call today that you had with our adviser and he provided a full breakdown of the charges of which you accepted.

A ticket link breaking down your conversation has been provided here

Thank you

dgmc85

why did my account state the cancellation fee was £43 (see screenshot^) when in fact it would be £120?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi dgmc85@

Your account also showed that there was a £30 cessation charge which wasn't correct but all information was outlined on the call I listened to when you called in to query this.

As you are in pre sign up with your new provider you are able to cancel with them so as to avoid early termination charges from Plusnet. I'm afraid that these charges are applicable as outlined on the call and were accepted.

If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch as we're more than happy to help.

Kind Regards