Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing account cancellation failure

FIXED
gafferc
Dabbler

Re: Ongoing account cancellation failure

Hmmm --- I just looked at my account this morning and, nearly a week after the transactions supposedly went through, there's no sign of them!! The bank has told me all three were approved but...

I have written to my bank again asking them if they can find out what's going wrong ...

So no point in showing you my statement, is there ?

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me Chris.

I suspect either the transactions were in a pending state or the money's bounced back into your account once your bank had realised it hadn't made it across to us. Either way glad to see you've got your money back Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gafferc
Dabbler

Unfortunately, I don't think I can be sure of that.

The account has a "Credit Limit" and an "Amount available to spend" and there's a difference of £37 between them which is three times the amount of an individual transaction rounded up to the nearest pound...

It doesn't seem to be over yet.

I'm sorry this is going on and on and on.

Chris

gafferc
Dabbler

I have had a very illuminating reply from my bank:

"They [the transactions] are still pending at our end but as it's been almost 10 days it's highly unlikely that these will be claimed on at all.

Usually authorisations are claimed on and processed within 2 to 3 working days."

Perhaps it's time to put this down very carefully so as not to disturb the contents and walk quietly away to enjoy the summer...

Chris

P.S. Perhaps we can blame it all on Fastly?