Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Billing Problem - Update Please

FIXED
Moloch
Hooked

Ongoing Billing Problem - Update Please

It's been 18 months since my last contact with Plusnet so I'm just checking in to make sure that my billing problem has not been forgotten and to check if there's any update on the situation.

I received, for the first time this morning, a notification that a bill was ready to view and thought perhaps the problem has been resolved.  However, as in previous months, the bill is for £0.00 and it's still showing a large credit on the account.  The credit was built up as I was being billed negative amounts for a while.

9 REPLIES 9
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Ongoing Billing Problem - Update Please

@Moloch 

If you pay by direct debit, this is just a friendly warning as I was caught by this some time ago after Plusnet tried to bill me for the first time after about 15 months of £0 bills after a large credit accumulated on my account through a Plusnet error.

Maybe you already know this, but if Plusnet have not presented a direct debit request for some time, the next time they do so it might fail as some banks often cancel direct debit mandates at their end, without necessarily telling the originator, if they are unused for some time (13 months of non-use used to be common). In my case the D/D still showed as active on the Pluisnet Members Centre but was not showing on my banking app's list of D/Ds (the latter fact I only discovered after I had entered failed billing which Plusnet did then sort out quickly as it was essentially due to their error prone billing system).

Therefore you may need to set up the D/D again if a payment is about to become due, but you need to allow a week or so for the new mandate to become active.

Anyway, I hope you get things sorted with your billing.

Moloch
Hooked

Thanks for replying.  That's not something I would have thought to check and you're quite right, the direct debit has been cancelled by the bank.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Moloch

Thanks for reaching out. Billing on the account that I have associated with your Community Forum account looks fine, with a payment being made on Tuesday. Can you please send me a M with your account username just to make sure? Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Moloch
Hooked

Thanks for looking into this.  I have sent a PM with my account details.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Moloch

I've picked this up on Adam's behalf as he's not in the office now.

I'm really sorry to see we've not charged you for the service in over 18 months. From what I can see the large credit balance is remaining the same as we've stopped producing discounts on your bills and we're still not generating charges.

I've messaged a colleague in our billing team to figure out where we go from here.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know, which would likely be next week.

Also, you're starting to get billing notifications every month as we're now emailing when we produce a bill even if that bill is in credit. Historically we'd only email a notification when the bill is in debit and we're due to take a payment. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Moloch
Hooked

Thanks for looking into it.  I will wait to hear from you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem @Moloch

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Moloch
Hooked

Thanks for your updates via the support question that's been raised.

I'm happy this is being looked into so I'll mark this thread as solved because I don't think there's anything further to discuss via the forums.

I'll keep an eye out for further updates on the support question.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the post back @Moloch and thanks for the fix (no pressure now... :D)

The changes I've done to try to resolve the problem haven't gone through quite how I had planned as it's generated an error in the billing system but I'm hoping it's just a minor setback and that should be cleared shortly.

Once the error's cleared I should then be able to complete the fix. Smiley

Merry Christmas in the meantime. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet