cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One sided contract, I want redress perhaps ofcom can help!

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

One sided contract, I want redress perhaps ofcom can help!

So today I get an email from you with loads of garbage marketing rubbish amongst which is disguised a £1/month increase in my charges. However I am 6 months in to a 18 month contract BUT you will charge me £120 to break the contract I quote "If you decide to cancel after 14 days and are still within a 18 month minimum term, you will have to pay £9.87 for each month left of the minimum term. Find out more in our Price Guide."

In what way do you consider this fair and reasonable competition ? and exactly how do you justify these charges ?

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: One sided contract, I want redress perhaps ofcom can help!

Early termination charges for the remaining period of your contract won't be payable if you are leaving due to the price rise.

The notification should tell you what you need to do if you don't accept the price rise.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Lost in the garbage, if they want to send me a mail about a price rise with some T&C's they should do just that, not try to obscure things in rubbish! Maybe the ASA should have a go at them too........

As for all this award winning [-Censored-] they are the 2nd most highly complained about provider only beaten by there owners BT (if you don't believe me check the ofcom website).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
Tagger
Grafter

The email I received was pretty clear:

We hope you're happy with your products and services, but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we won't apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you call us on 0800 5871 935 to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days' notice

So call them on the number they give within 30 days of receiving the email and you will not incur any early termination fees.  That's a legal right, as well as being OFCOM's rules.,

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed the phone number from white text to black. 

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@hitchhiker43 wrote:

As for all this award winning [-Censored-] they are the 2nd most highly complained about provider only beaten by there owners BT (if you don't believe me check the ofcom website).

The absolute numbers are very small:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/telecoms-pay-tv-complaints-march-17

has PlusNet on 30 per 100,000