cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-off payment towards my next bill

barbixx

One-off payment towards my next bill

Hello, I already sent an email to PlusNet Support but I hope I can get a quicker reply here because my bills is due in 2 days. I am a new customer so I am still learning how things work with PlusNet.
I would like to know if it's possible for me to make an one-off credit card payment to reduce the amount of the Direct Debit amount that will be taken off in a few days from my bank account.
I see that there is an option to top up my phone calls allowance but I am not sure if all the money I will pay in advance will be deducted from the DD payment, or just the amount I used for phone calls.
Thank you in advance for the help!
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: One-off payment towards my next bill

Hi, welcome to the forums Smiley
Think of top up credit as pre-pay on your mobile. If you top up in advance then it will be spent on your next chargeable call. If you don't have any top up credit available then it is taken off your credit limit and will be taken on your next billing day from your direct debit.
Unfortunately we have no mechanism for you to pay a one-off payment to reduce your direct debit in your particular circumstances, but feel free to make a top up credit payment which will roll over for as many months as it lasts.
barbixx

Thank you very much for the reply, Ben  Smiley
I imagine that not many people actually want to pay their bills in advance so I guess I should have known... It's just a matter of convenience for me, credit cards will charge me to put money on my bank account but won't charge me if I pay online so I do that as often as I can. Ah well, I will organise myself better next month and leave more money in the bank.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565
Moved: