Did you mean: 

One of my referrals is missing

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: One of my referrals is missing

Hello @Richchad I can see this request has been actioned for you Smiley

There is a service notice on your account to showcase this, you can view this by Clicking Here

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you.

Best wishes.

Richchad
Rising Star

@Dumbledore sadly the saga of my missing referral continues...

I checked my referral status a couple of days ago as my next direct debit was due and noticed that my referral was now showing correctly so hoped a credit to my account would now be paid.

However my bill yesterday only showed one of my two referrals so it was still missing.

I contacted PN on chat this morning hoping to arrange a simple credit for this months missing referral as I think it may have been fixed to late and hopefully will be paid next month okay.

However I was told that I need to contact the referral to check their account, I do not know the referral as they used a link I gave somewhere years ago,

I tried to explain that a credit was arranged last month for my missing referrals as PN knew their was a problem with billing my referral account.

This was to no avail as she refused point blank to help and just kept telling me that if I cannot contact my referral then I will not be paid.

This cannot be right, can you help ?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I would suspect that the account in question is in suspended billing and therefore there are no payments being made in the account. Referrals are credited only when accounts are paid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Richchad,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that you were not given a lot of information about the referral credits you're missing, it's difficult to do so as inevitably this involves giving information that is relevant to another customer. Apologies if my colleague's advice has caused you any inconvenience.

We would always suggest in the first instance to contact the person you have referred as they can then call us if they're unsure and we can tell them why the process is not working.

Although I can't give any specific information about the account you referred, the general rules for any referred account are as follows:

- It must have active services

- Active services must be with relevant products that are covered by the referral payment

- It must not be in a status of late or missed payments, in arrears, facing debt recovery action or closed

- It must have remained active without interim periods since you referred the account and it was opened

Other issues that could affect the process are internal, such as there being a system issue that is affecting either your or the referred account.

As this is not an issue I can give advice on I would suggest if you cannot contact the person you referred to get more relevant information from us, that you leave this with me to keep an eye on it for the foreseeable future. I'm unable to advise a relevant timescale for this however I can assure you if there are any referral credits due to you I will ensure that they are paid to you.

Thanks - LF

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@LordFoul 

Tahir, 

Great response which helps to inform people in a manner which allows understanding to be drawn, where specific answer may not be available - thank you.  This is good 'reusable' content which allows others to understand potential explanations of their own experiences, without needing to raise a new question.

This is a far better answer than the all too often offered "we cannot give you a straight answer because of GDPR … or whatever...".  Explaining generically why something might happen is far better than giving no answer at all because of specific circumstances.

@JonoH  @NickyM  - can we see more answers from the teams like this please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Aw shucks, Townman, you're making me blush!

You've now made me the talk of the office so I'm well embarrassed but it's quite satisfying at the same time so thank you for your gracious review today, it makes up for being the first in the office to come in this morning. Much appreciated.

Thanks - LF

Richchad
Rising Star

Hi @LordFoul  I just took a look at my referrals today and notice again one is showing the Uninvoiced Referral Credit and the problem one isn't. (see screenshot attached with some details omitted for privacy)

So I am guessing this is not likely to get paid yet again..

You did mention in your last post that you would keep an eye on it and assured me any missing referral credits due will be paid.

I have had some of the missing payments paid but if this next one isn't paid it will now be two lots of missing payments, perhaps you can arrange a credit as before if necessary.

I am trying to be patient about this but it has gone on for 7 months now with what appears to be a billing problem with my referral.

As mentioned before I am unable to contact my referral and am completely relying on Plusnet to sort this out so I don't have to keep checking and chasing every month.

Thanks in advance for your help.Plusnet.jpg

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Richchad @LordFoul 

I am interested in how/where you managed to get that page which itemises your referrals. I used to get that page before Plusnet carried out one of their Member Centre updates, but now I get only a page that shows the total outstanding referral figure and the total paid referral figure and not the breakdown of current referrals. The route I use is Member Centre>manage Account>More about referrals. Is there another way? Thanks.

Richchad
Rising Star

@jgb 

I use Members centre, My Perks, Recommend a Friend, Your Current Referrals....

Hope this helps...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@jgb  member centre>my perks>recommend a friend>your current referrals 

Or directly when logged in https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mydiscount_static_info&r_action=Current_Referrals&?membermenu=cu...

Edit @Richchad  beat me to it....

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Richchad,

Your referral is fine the issue is related to the referred account which is reflecting in you not receiving your referral credits off your bill. 

Once that issue is resolved (there's no timescale currently) then we can back date all the credits as one larger refund.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jgb 

Yes the portal navigation route for the referrals list has changed and it is presently somewhat convoluted.  The issue has been the subject of detailed discussions with the development team.  It is on their radar.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ Richchad,

Thanks for getting back in touch,

Apologies for the delay, I appreciate your feedback and can advise you I am continuing to monitor the issue as advised previously. I have also chased this up today to see if there is anything else I can do to get this working correctly for you.

If you have any queries in the meantime, don't hesitate to come back to me.

Thanks - LF