cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my referrals is missing

Richchad
Rising Star

One of my referrals is missing

Last month and again this month one of my referrals is missing, the missing referral is still shown as active.

I asked about it last month and was told by someone at PN that he knew why but couldn't tell me because of data protection and it would be sorted by the following month.

Well this month it is still missing, asked again on web chat and was told that a ticket had been raised as he couldn't see why it hadn't been paid.

Ticket has been raised for over a week now and still no reply, surely it can't take that long to see why not paid...

27 REPLIES 27
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: One of my referrals is missing

Hi @Richchad, thanks for getting in touch.

I am truly sorry for the issues you have had with your referrals and some not taking effect. From looking into this, I can see the account you've questioned is currently experiencing some issues, therefore while this is being worked on the referrals will not be coming into effect. Once resolved, you'll then notice your referrals showing again.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Richchad
Rising Star

Well another month has passed and again one of my referrals is still missing, so that is three missed now and the referral is still shown as active.

Apparently there are some "issues" with the referred account, but why is it taking so long to resolve, if the account is still active why am I not getting the referrals?

Also a ticket was raised but I see it has been closed because of no activity for 14 days, does this mean the problem has gone away as far as PN are concerned, should I have kept making a comment to keep question open...

Three months seems a long time to resolve my referred account, either they are paying as the account is shown as active or they are no longer with PN..

A bit more feedback about the problem would be appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to see you're not getting your referral credit. Unfortunately there isn't really anything we can monitor from your account which is the reason why the ticket closed, or tell you about the issues with the referred account due to data protection. Sad

Have you tried contacting your referral to see if you can find out any information that way? 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply Gandalf, what I don't understand is if the account is active why aren't I getting my referrals.

Unfortunately I do not know the referral, they must have used one of my advertised links, so cannot contact them.

Either the referred account is a customer or not, I assume as it shows active I assume they are a still a customer and surely I should get my referral regardless of your issues with them?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Richchad 

Not much more I can advise apart from a list of various reasons why a referral credit may not show up:

• The account is cancelled
  • Bills have not been paid on time and in full
  • Bills have not been generated

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay thanks @Gandalf 

Just one question, if a referral cancels their account would it be removed from my referrals list or show inactive?

An answer to this general question shouldn't breach any data protection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem. As far as I'm aware it'll either be removed from your list of referrals or show as destroyed/queued-destroyed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

@Gandalf  Thanks...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem, let us know if you have any further concerns

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

There are a number of accounts in suspended billing. If your referral’s account is in suspended billing then there is a fair possibility that referral credits will not be processed to your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Richchad
Rising Star

@Townman  yes I had a suspicion that may be the case, but why are they suspended is that due to the ongoing billing problem that has reported on here a lot?

If so it seems tough that I lose out on my referrals because of PNs problems, I hope when sorted my missing referrals will be back dated.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

As a guess yes.

Consequences - I’ve just asked the question elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Richchad
Rising Star

Well another month, that's 4 months now that my referral has been missing.Angry

The missing referral still shows as "Active" so I assume there is still a problem with their account as they must still be a customer of PN otherwise I assume they would be removed from my list of referrals.

Why is it taking so long to sort out their account, if the problem is down to PN billing system surely I should still get my referral.

It seems that my missing referral has just been forgotten,two tickets have been raised Question #190319581 and Question #191340365 but you keep closing them after 14 days of inactivity even though the problem hasn't been resolved.

Richchad
Rising Star

Update

After speaking to someone on Chat yesterday it was agreed that there was a problem with my missing referral account and they are waiting for a fix for this from their IT team.

So they have paid my 4 months missing referrals plus an extra month with the hope it is fixed by then, if not the guy said they would continue with the refunds until fixed.

Not sure why this couldn't have been arranged before but well done to PN for someone seeing sense and doing such a small thing to keep a customer happy. Thumbs_Up