Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One fiiinal billing problem

Be3G
Grafter

One fiiinal billing problem

Well, it had to happen didn't it. Grin
On 29 February I moved house, and elected to not take my Plusnet connection with me. I made this decision not because of any particular grievance with Plusnet, but just a general dissatisfaction with Plusnet's overly-marketing-led cheap-and-cheerful approach which is rather different to the company I got my first ADSL connection with back in 2002! I also wanted to have a connection up and running at the new property before moving in, so a simple ‘house move’ procedure wasn't going to be an option anyway. (For anyone who's wondering, the provider I've opted for at the new home is one whose name consists of two forenames…)
Anyway, the point is that I've still been happy enough with Plusnet to recommend them to others, and therefore when giving my cancellation notice on 15 February I requested that my account be downgraded to the free referral-accruing state documented in Plusnet's T&Cs. Initially the person who was handling my cancellation request didn't believe there was such an option and had a bit of a (non-heated) argument with me about it, but to his credit he did go and check with someone else who confirmed it was possible.
The problem is, err, it doesn't seem to have worked. My old phone line has gone dead so Openreach have done their bit, but Plusnet are still billing me for my usual monthly fees as normal; my billing date is the 6th and on that I was expecting a credit for the few days' unused service at the end of the previous billing month. Instead I was billed for a full month's phone and broadband.
Could this please be looked in to and fixed? I don't want to leave Plusnet on a sour note after all. I'm posting here rather than going through the standard channels because reading around there seems to be a lot of confusion about the referrals-retaining cancellation process and that's something I don't want to lose.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: One fiiinal billing problem

Unfortunately it looks like the ticket that was raised to get your account downgraded (As opposed to going through the standard cancellation route) wasn't picked up on time Sad
Leave that with me, I'll make sure the account is downgraded correctly and any refunds that are due back to you are issued asap Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Be3G
Grafter

Having dutifully waited 14 days for the refund to arrive I'm disappointed to report that there's still no sign of it: I can see the credit notes in the portal account section but the money hasn't actually arrived. I still have two sets of payment details stored so that's not the issue. Can this be resolved ASAP please? It's frustrating that Plusnet took the money in the first place when they shouldn't, but unacceptable that getting it refunded is such a faff. Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any confusion. It's actually up to 10 working days. Not 14 days as the service notice advises.
It should be back in the account it was taken from early next week.
I'll also flag up the wording of the service notice to see if we can get 14 days changed to 10 working days as it should be.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Be3G
Grafter

Thanks Harry, am happy to say the refund arrived last week. Smiley