cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Port Router and Millennium

Not applicable

One Port Router and Millennium

One of my referrals is thinking of changing from dial-up to Option 1 + Homephone Anytime. Please can someone let me know if the one-port USB/Ethernet router is compatible with ME?  I need to know because the computer does not have an ethernet card and I will therefore have to connect it via USB.
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: One Port Router and Millennium

To be honest for £5 you can get and fit a PCI network card and it will work fine.
Me is not one of M$ best releases and the chances of having Me/98 USB driver availability and it working well is pretty remote, and even if you could get it working it may cause more problems from a support point of view going forward.
Fit a network card and save yourself a lot of hassle.
Not applicable

Fitting an ethernet card sounds like a good idea but I am really not up to fiddling about inside computers so would have to take it to a shop. I really wouldn't know where to start.
I do know that my Voyager 105 (which PN sent when I first went onto broadband) works on Millennium because I have had it up and running on an old computer that I have so I suppose that I could probably find it and use this if necessary.
paulby
Grafter

@poppy
You can also get USB to Ethernet dongles - like this one.  Essentially it's a USB to ethernet converter and should be OK with ME.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It will be, I was using one on an ME system only yesterday!  Smiley
(got it dirt cheap from DABS as well, though it looks slightly different to that illustration)