Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On fixed price contract but charged new price for LRS

FIXED
DavidB2
Dabbler

On fixed price contract but charged new price for LRS

Hi

I took out an 18 month fixed price contract on 25/11/2019 although it it not showing on my account.  I am paying the correct price for my broadband but my LRS has renewed at the increased price.

Please can someone fix this for me.

Many thanks

David B

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: On fixed price contract but charged new price for LRS

@DavidB2 

I don't know if it's relevant but my understanding is that the fixed price broadband and phone deal includes the full monthly line charge. If you want to renew the LRS at the current price then you must separately do this before the current LRS runs out.  Once it runs out you have to pay the current price, which is still less than the monthly charge included in your broadband and phone fixed price.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

DavidB2
Dabbler

Hi

The LRS does not run out until November so I renewed early.  The email sent after completing the product change states 'Great news, you're on a fixed price contract! That means the cost of your broadband and line rental won't go up while you're in contract.'

Regards

David B

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@DavidB2 

You are correct.

As your LRS was extant when you took out the fixed price contract before the December 2019 price increase the LRS should have renewed at the old, pre-December 2019 price, i.e. at £197.88.

I have had this confirmed more than once by Plusnet staffers in writing, including on a complaint raised recently. It has also been confirmed several times on these forums.

Plusnet's billing engine is somewhat flaky and does not always get things right (possibly an understatement?!) and so you need a Plusnet staffer to pick this up and refund you the overpayment. If they do not appear here, you will need to contact them via another method - phone or even a complaint (by which you can raise a ticket).

DavidB2
Dabbler

Thanks.

That was my understanding too, I had read the various other threads about it.

I think the problem in my case is that the flag for a fixed term contract was not set in my account, it doesn't show the starting and ending dates as it should do.

David B

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@DavidB2 

You may also be correct in the reason for the erroneous LRS charge.

In my case, I also had a recontract in March which did not complete correctly meaning that incorrect discounts have been applied to my account since then and also, as in your case, that the contract details were not fully displayed on my dashboard (no start or end dates). When I renewed LRS the quoted price was £197.88 which was correct as I was on a fixed price contract in 2019 when it last renewed and I was told that my recontract on to another such contract would not affect the LRS renewal cost. However, when my first bill after renewal appeared whilst the LRS credit showed as £197.88, the charge was showing as £212.88.

This was the third current billing error on my account after the LRS credit issue (LRS payment credited but no corresponding charge) which has been on going since my 2019 renewal and the stuck recontract since March and so I decided to lodge a formal complaint as I could get no response via these forums or via PMs to the CS Analyst wgho had been previouisly dealing with these issues. This is ongoing. I have been told that the current LRS overcharge is to be refunded to my account but the other two issues are still being investigated. I have also been told that my account has been flagged by the Incident Management Team. However, I did note that my Dashboard now shows my old contract dates so something is happening and my latest bill, due yesterday, has not been generated and so I suspect that Plusnet have now suspended billing on my account pending resolution, but I await a definitive response In short, a total shambles. Good luck!

DavidB2
Dabbler

Please could someone from Plusnet check my account.

I started a fixed price contract on 25/11/2019 but I have been charged the new price of £213.03 to renew my linesaver.

Regards

David B

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @DavidB2,

I'm very sorry that you have been charged the current rate for line rental saver despite being on a fixed price contract. I'll flag this to the relevant team. I've sent you a refund of £15.15 for the overpayment and this will be back in your bank account within 5-10 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidB2
Dabbler

Hello @EmilyD 

Many thanks for sorting that out.

Another Happy customer.

Regards

David B