cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Customers and free evening and weekend calls

Nacho
Grafter

Older Customers and free evening and weekend calls

Is it still the case that if you've been with Plusnet prior to (I think) May 2013, then evening and weekend calls are included with your line rental?  This is the way it has always been for me, so every year when I phone up to discuss a new deal we're just talking about the broadband price. I'm at renewal time again so just want to check that this is still the case. 

In my list of products it's itemised as 'Talk Evening and Weekends' with a 0.00 charge. 

5 REPLIES 5
Nacho
Grafter

Re: Older Customers and free evening and weekend calls

Just realised I asked this question 2 years ago and once again after posting I managed to find the answer. Bit harder to find this time, but it's still there in the LRS t's and c's:

9. Line Rental Saver

9.2. Line Rental Saver includes no calls as standard for customers who took a phone package on or after 8th May 2013 but for customers who took a phone package before 8th May 2013 and have not changed package, the Evenings and Weekends call plan is included as standard.

Can a mod answer the following please:

I suppose an interesting question would be, what if you forget to pay the LRS and revert to monthly line rental payments - are you then liable for call costs, even though you're actually paying more to Plusnet overall? Just a hypothetical question as I plan to keep up LRS if I stay!

Nacho
Grafter

Any response to this bit, Harry?

Can a mod answer the following please:

I suppose an interesting question would be, what if you forget to pay the LRS and revert to monthly line rental payments - are you then liable for call costs, even though you're actually paying more to Plusnet overall? Just a hypothetical question as I plan to keep up LRS if I stay!

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm neither a mod nor called Harry (who's Harry? Undecided) - I have paid LRS in the past, but haven't done for a year or so.

I'm still on 'free' evening and weekend calls as I was when I originally signed up um, er, several years ago despite a few re-contracts.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

but for customers who took a phone package before 8th May 2013 and have not changed package, the Evenings and Weekends call plan is included as standard.

Providing you don't change the call package, you should be able to keep your Included E&W call plan. Letting your line rental saver expire should have no impact on this and shouldn't make any changes to the call packages.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Nacho
Grafter

Yes thanks, those last 2 comments do make sense. The confusion comes from plusnet linking the free evening and weekend calls to the Line Rental Saver (in the terms and conditions extract I quoted in post #2), when it appears that what matters is that you were a customer from prior to May 2013, not how you pay your line rental.